Canadian Tire celebrates official launch of My Canadian Tire 'Money' in Nova Scotia
TORONTO, Oct. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Canadian Tire is recognizing Nova Scotia's role in shaping its recently announced national loyalty program – My Canadian Tire 'Money' – by donating $25,000 to Cranton Crossroads Community Centre Playground in Margaree Centre. My Canadian Tire 'Money'™ launches in Nova Scotia today, and replaces the Nova Scotia-based pilot program Canadian Tire 'Money' Advantage®.
Passionate about sport, and the importance of physical activity in building healthy children and strong communities, Canadian Tire selected Cranton Crossroads Community Centre after learning of the community centre's ongoing struggle to rebuild an unusable playground structure. Both organizations share the common goal of getting kids' active and enhancing the lives of children through the power of play.
"We launched We All Play for Canada because we believe in the power of play," said Allan MacDonald, Chief Operating Officer, Canadian Tire. "Having a place for children to be active and families to gather contributes greatly to the strength of a community, which is why we're very proud to help Cranton Crossroads Community Centre rebuild its playground."
"Our sincere gratitude to Canadian Tire for believing in Cranton Crossroads Community Centre Playground," said Ashton Brown, Cranton Crossroads Playground Committee. "Thanks to their generous donation, we'll now be able to go forward with our dream of enriching and empowering children with physical activity and play - to shape, build and grow a community around a playground where families can laugh, play and have fun!"
The Cranton Crossroads Community Centre playground committee is now well on its way toward creating a place where children and the community can unite and play. Now, Canadian Tire is calling on other organizations to contribute what they can toward the rebuilding effort.
"I'm hoping businesses and organizations who are also passionate about the importance of play, will throw their hats in the ring to help create the ultimate playground at the Cranton Crossroads Community Centre," said MacDonald. "When children are active and communities are engaged, we all win."
About My Canadian Tire 'Money'
- The program launches in Nova Scotia today and across the rest of Canada on October 28 and marks the evolution of the company's iconic Canadian Tire Money® – a program that has long been synonymous with customer rewards and value.
- My Canadian Tire 'Money' replaces the Nova Scotia pilot program, Canadian Tire 'Money' Advantage, and combines the best attributes of Canadian Tire's paper 'Money' with the benefits of a digital rewards program, making it easier and faster for customers to collect, and redeem.
- Nova Scotia is the first Canadian province to launch My Canadian Tire 'Money' to customers and the program design was finalized with feedback from Nova Scotia customers and Associate Dealers that participated in the Nova Scotia pilot program.
- The transition from the Canadian Tire 'Money' Advantage program to My Canadian Tire 'Money' will be automatic, allowing customers in Nova Scotia to seamlessly continue collecting, while shopping for the products they need for life in Canada.
- Starting today, Nova Scotia customers can join the program by downloading the Canadian Tire Mobile App or registering online at canadiantire.ca. Canadian TireOptions® MasterCard® cardholders and existing My Canadian Tire 'Money' Advantage members will automatically become members in My Canadian Tire 'Money'.
How to earn and redeem e-Canadian Tire 'Money'™
- e-Canadian Tire 'Money' is earned on qualifying purchases of merchandise and automotive services at Canadian Tire stores, at canadiantire.ca, and at participating Canadian Tire gas bar locations (details vary by location).
- e-Canadian Tire money can be redeemed directly from your My Canadian Tire 'Money' account right in the checkout at Canadian Tire stores, or redeemed online for Canadian Tire gift cards at canadiantire.ca.
- My Canadian Tire 'Money' offers the ability to collect at 10 times† the rate when using a Canadian Tire Options MasterCard to pay for qualifying purchases at Canadian Tire stores, Mark's, Sport Chek, PartSource, L'Equipeur and on Canadian Tire Home Services.
- The new program features exclusive bonus offers sent directly through the Canadian Tire Mobile App and online account
- No receipts are needed for merchandise returns at Canadian Tire. Copies of receipts are accessible through the My Canadian Tire 'Money' account and Canadian Tire Mobile App.
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, (TSX:CTC.A) (TSX:CTC) or "CTC," is a family of businesses that includes a retail segment, a financial services division and CT REIT. Our retail business is led by Canadian Tire, which was founded in 1922 and provides Canadians with products for life in Canada across its Living, Playing, Fixing, Automotive and Seasonal categories. PartSource and Gas+ are key parts of the Canadian Tire network. The retail segment also includes Mark's, a leading source for casual and industrial wear, and FGL Sports (Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, National Sports, Intersport, Pro Hockey Life and Atmosphere), which offers the best active wear brands. The nearly 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets are supported and strengthened by our Financial Services division and the tens of thousands of people employed across the Company. For more information, visit Corp.CanadianTire.ca.
† Canadian Tire Options MasterCard cardmembers paying with their Options MasterCard collect e-Canadian Tire 'Money' at a rate that is 10X the rate at which other members of the My Canadian Tire 'Money' Program collect e-Canadian Tire 'Money' on purchases made by such other members at Canadian Tire stores (if those other members paid by cash, debit or a credit card not linked to this loyalty program). The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions.
SOURCE: CANADIAN TIRE CORPORATION, LIMITED
For further information: Erin Sufrin, Canadian Tire Corporation, 416-480-8316, firstname.lastname@example.org; Katie Hockton, Canadian Tire Corporation, 416-544-7730, email@example.com