One-day educational event will explore critical topics in the evolution of payments with a focus on prepaid as a core capability
TORONTO, Jan. 22, 2019 /CNW/ - The Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization (CPPO), the voice of the rapidly growing prepaid payments industry in Canada, announced it will host the third annual CPPO Prepaid Symposium on May 13, 2019 at the Toronto Region Board of Trade in Ontario. The CPPO Prepaid Symposium is the premier education and networking event for the $3.8 billion open-loop prepaid industry in Canada. The one-day event precedes the Payments Canada Summit to be held on May 14-16 in Toronto.
"As the prepaid market continues to evolve, this year's Symposium will focus on prepaid as a driver of financial inclusion and innovation and a core capability in Canada's paytech growth. A wide range of the industry's local and international thought leaders will present actionable insights around payment technology and trends for consumer and business applications," said Peter Read, CPPO Chairman of the Board.
The Symposium will kick off with a keynote address from Jim Marous, co-publisher of The Financial Brand and owner and publisher of the Digital Banking Report. The Symposium will also feature a keynote presentation by Kelley Knutson, President of Netspend, and more than ten panel discussions, presentations and workshops by leading industry voices about the evolution of prepaid and the broader payments ecosystem.
"Attendees from the 2017 and 2018 Symposium expressed great enthusiasm for the content and speakers, so we have expanded those offerings this year with a deep dive into new applications and case studies from proven programs and leaders," said Jennifer Tramontana, CPPO Co-Founder and Executive Director.
Symposium topics include:
- Driving consumer demand in a saturated financial services market
- How to compete in loyalty programs
- AI-based digital identity/authentication solutions
- The real-time rail: threat or opportunity for prepaid?
- The economic and social impact of prepaid in Canada
- What's happening at Canada's bank innovation incubators?
- How SMBs are competing in the world of modern commerce
- Merging banking and payments with securities and investing
- Federal regulations and their impact on payments
Other speakers include:
- Albert Lang, Vice President, Marketing and Strategy, Payment Source
- Alex Barseghian, Group Vice President, Sales and Marketing Retail, Blackhawk Network
- Clay Wilkes, Founder and CEO, Galileo Processing
- David Metcalfe, Director, Payments, Scotiabank
- Felipe Papaleo, General Manager, Incomm
- Gabriel Ngo, Advisor, Financial Crimes Policy, Department of Finance Canada
- Jacqueline Shinfield, Partner, Blakes, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Mazen Kishawi, Founder and Head, Atlantic Prepaid
- Mike Tasevski, Vice President, Market Development, Mastercard
- Miro Pavletic, CEO, Stack
- Robert Devries, CIO Government Services Integration Cluster, Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- Sam Paulos, Director, Prepaid Services, RBC
- Scott Harkey, Global Payments Lead, Levvel
- Sue Britton, CEO and Founder, Fintech Growth Syndicate
- Sue Whitney, Head, Product Management and Strategy, Payments Canada
- Timothy McGaugh, Director for Solution Acceleration, RBC
- Tom McTague, Senior Director, Global Financial Services, Incomm
- Yves-Gabriel Leboeuf, CEO, Flinks
The full CPPO Prepaid Symposium agenda is available here.
The corporate sponsors of the 2019 CPPO Prepaid Symposium include: Incomm, Galileo, Mastercard, Pace, Peoples Card Services, and The Fletcher Group.
The media sponsors are: Bankless Times, Fintech Finance, Fintech Futures, the Canadian Institute, Mercator Advisory Group, Payments Business, Payments Canada, and RFi Group.
For more information and to register for the CPPO Prepaid Symposium, click here.
About The Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization (CPPO)
The CPPO is a not-for-profit organization and the collective voice of the open-loop prepaid payments industry in Canada. It is the only association solely focused on this growing industry and is supported by major financial institutions, card networks and other industry players. The CPPO is focused on awareness and education so that consumers and businesses can have the best experience with these popular products. For further information, visit www.cppo.ca. Connect with CPPO on Twitter and LinkedIn.
SOURCE Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization
For further information: Media Contact: Lamis Daoud, 416-919-2979, [email protected]