Growth in uncertainty and purpose key themes at world forum – EY spokespeople available
TORONTO, June 23, 2017 /CNW/ - For the second time in 10 years, a Canadian entrepreneur has won the EY World Entrepreneur Of The YearTM award. Murad Al-Katib of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. (AGT) was awarded the title in Monaco on 10 June, where disruptive entrepreneurs and global business leaders from more than 60 countries gathered to discuss innovative approaches to growth.
Al-Katib is a shining example of the themes that were discussed at this year's Forum: growth in uncertainty and purpose. Pushing through volatile times – and taking advantage of an untapped market – AGT has seen consistent growth since the beginning. Beyond that, Murad's purpose — a vision of global food security and food aid – has helped the company build its brand and remain relevant. Murad's combination of business acumen and thoughtful leadership earned him a unanimous vote from the judges.
EY is committed to sharing the success stories of Canada's disruptive and daring entrepreneurs, year-round. That's why we're excited to announce our regional Entrepreneur Of The Year finalists on 7 July, and the next overall Canada winner later in the fall. Stay tuned to @EYCanada for all the latest info!
EY spokespeople are available to discuss:
- The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year program
- Canada's entrepreneurial landscape
- The key themes shared at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Forum in Monaco in June, including building growth and purpose in uncertainty.
Top questions at this year's EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Forum included:
- Could uncertainty be your best opportunity for growth? EY's forum explored strategies for managing uncertainty, while keeping an entrepreneurial mindset and attracting the right people. According to our Growth Barometer, today's high-growth businesses use talent and technology to drive the global growth agenda.
- Why do uncertain times need the certainty of purpose? Our research shows that businesses operating with purpose are more successful in terms of revenue, growth and their ability to innovate. EY's Forum discussed the importance of building and fulling purpose in business.
Check out the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year site for highlights of the forum's interviews, panels, debates and crowd-solving sessions.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world's most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
SOURCE EY (Ernst & Young)
For further information: To connect with a spokesperson, or for more information, please contact: Sasha Anopina, [email protected], 416 943 2637; Matt O'Connor, [email protected], 403 837 1695; Camille Larivière, [email protected], 514 879 8021; Victoria McQueen, [email protected], 416 943 3141