OTTAWA, March 9, 2018 /CNW/ - Canada recognizes that improving government services requires agility in designing services that are relentlessly focused on the people who use them.
The Treasury Board Secretariat is pleased to announce that Aaron Snow will be joining the organization as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Canadian Digital Service (CDS) in early April. As CEO of CDS, he will be responsible for fundamentally improving federal digital service delivery across the Government of Canada, with partner departments.
The global search for the CEO of CDS attracted candidates from all over the world. The CEO will work alongside the Government of Canada's Chief Information Officer to drive the government's digital agenda.
- The Secretary of the Treasury Board has made this appointment as a result of a recruitment process begun on September 12, 2017.
- Aaron was recently working at cBrain North America, based in the United States. In his capacity as Chief Operating Officer, he helped public sector organizations adapt their services digitally to solve process problems and meet public needs.
- Aaron is an honours graduate of the computer science program at Harvard University. He received his law degree from Columbia Law School.
- He is also co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of Voter Protection Partners and a member of the OpenGov Foundation's Board of Directors.
- Aaron was founding Deputy Commissioner and Senior Advisor to the U.S. Government's Technology Transformation Service (TTS), a collection of cutting edge programs improving the Government's use of technology to better serve the public.
- He was Executive Director and co-founder of 18F, the digital services team at the heart of TTS. 18F has helped transform how the U.S. Government delivers digital services to the public, and has helped save hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.
- Prior to joining 18F, he served as a Presidential Innovation Fellows assigned to improve how government procures technology products and services.
- The Canadian Digital Service was established in July 2017 following Budget 2017.
SOURCE Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
For further information: Contacts (media): Media Relations, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Telephone: 613-369-9400, Toll-free: 1-855-TBS-9-SCT (1-855-827-9728), TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired): 613-369-9371, Email: [email protected]