From Taste of Italy, to Friday Night Movies, to Ultimate Thrills Circus, there's something for everyone.
VAUGHAN, ON, March 10, 2016 /CNW/ - Canada's Wonderland is celebrating its 35th birthday with an extensive lineup of live shows, special events and street festival entertainment which will be included with Park admission. With their new thrill ride Skyhawk and children's ride Flying Eagles, the 2016 season will be filled with non-stop entertainment and thrills for the entire family.
"Our 2016 lineup of entertainment will provide our guests with exciting and unique experiences never seen before at Canada's Wonderland. When guests are ready to take a break from our thrilling rides, they will have an opportunity to enjoy an all-inclusive entertainment experience with special events for families, food lovers, thrill seekers and more." – Norm Pirtovshek, General Manager at Canada's Wonderland.
Live Shows at International Showplace:
- WoofJocks Canine All Stars - Splash: (Weekends from May 14 – June 26) This dock and pool centered show features both jaw dropping feats of athleticism and the crowd pleasing antics of the Woofjocks.
- Craz-E-Crew Xtreme Wheels: (June 29 – July 14) The Craz-E-Crew stunt team will showcase their skills on half pipes and box jumps as they soar into backflips, superman airs, tail-whips and many more awe-inspiring stunts.
- Day Tripper – The Beatles Experience: (July 16 – July 24) Relive the thrill and excitement of the Beatlemania era in this high-energy vintage Beatles production with Canada's top Beatles tribute band.
- Ultimate Thrills Circus: (July 26 – August 18) Be entertained with edge-of-your-seat thrills, including the globe of death, wheel of destiny, human cannonball, extreme hula hoops and more.
- ACRODUNK: (August 20 – September 5) High flying slam dunk champions take the stage with their gravity defying extreme show.
- Victoria Day Weekend: (May 21 – 23) Celebrate Victoria Day long weekend with a spectacular fireworks show, live music, fire divers and more.
- Friday Night Movies: (Fridays from June 17 – September 2) Take in a flick every Friday night at Wonderland Theatre. Featuring everything from classics to new releases.
- Brew & BBQ Festival: (June 25 & 26) Guests can sample everything BBQ, from sauce to ribs, while enjoying signature craft brews from some of the area's best local breweries. Sit back, eat, drink and listen to live music
- Canada Day Celebration Weekend: (July 1 – 3) Celebrate Canada's 149th birthday with fireworks, live entertainment, and food tasting stations.
- Bacon Festival: (July 1 & 2) Enjoy live entertainment, Toronto's favourite food trucks, street performers, licensed patios, and most importantly, all things bacon.
- KidZFest: (July 4 – 10) A special celebration just for the kids where street performers, live shows, and interactive play areas will take over KidZville for the entire week.
- Taste of Greece: (July 23 & 24) Guests will enjoy a myriad of Greek dishes and street entertainment along with live music as Canada's Wonderland brings the classic tastes of the Mediterranean to the streets.
- Taste of Italy: (August 20 & 21) From pizza to pasta and everything in between, Taste of Italy will feature authentic Italian cuisine and traditional live entertainment in the streets of Canada's Wonderland.
- Food Truck Festival: (September 3 & 4) Showcasing the best food trucks in Toronto, this two-day event will feature great eats and amazing street entertainment for everyone.
- Oktoberfest: (September 24 & 25) Bringing a taste of Munich to the park, Oktoberfest will feature food and beverage themed specials, traditional festival live music and daily activities.
- Labour Day Weekend: (September 3 – 5) Cap off the summer with a weekend of live entertainment, music and fireworks.
Live Entertainment All Summer Long:
- Stars of the Peking Acrobats: (June 25 – September 4) The internationally renowned touring show Peking Acrobats will amaze guests of all ages with their incredible agility and balance.
- Charlie Brown's Happy Campers: (Weekends starting May 1. Daily from June 9 – September 5) Join Charlie and the rest of the PEANUTS gang as they go on a camping adventure.
- Snoopy's Symphony of Water: (Weekends starting May 20. Daily from June 25 – September 5) Snoopy welcomes guests to the park as he orchestrates the Royal Fountain.
- Starlight Spectacular: (June 24 – September 3) The Royal Fountain illuminates with special effects and music to a backdrop of imagery on Wonder Mountain.
- Kinet-X: (June 25 – September 5) High flying acrobats leap, dive and twist from a 70 foot (21.3M) platform in this high energy show.
- Victoria Fall High Divers: (June 25 – September 5) A park hallmark featuring divers leaping off a 60 foot (18.3M) platform from Wonder Mountain's Victoria Falls.
Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario (just outside Toronto), is a 300-acre theme park with more than 200 attractions, 70 rides including 16 rollercoasters, and is the home to Splash Works, a 20-acre water park. Visit www.canadaswonderland.com for more information and be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates, contests, prizes and more!
Canada's Wonderland is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, three water parks, one indoor water park resort and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.
SOURCE Canada's Wonderland Company
Image with caption: "ACRODUNK will take the stage with their gravity defying extreme show (CNW Group/Canada's Wonderland Company)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160310_C1289_PHOTO_EN_639812.jpg
Image with caption: "Celebrate long weekends with Fireworks at Canada's Wonderland (CNW Group/Canada's Wonderland Company)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160310_C1289_PHOTO_EN_639814.jpg
Image with caption: "The Craz-E-Crew stunt team will showcase their awe-inspiring stunts (CNW Group/Canada's Wonderland Company)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160310_C1289_PHOTO_EN_639816.jpg
For further information: Soulla Lindo, Manager, Communications & PR, Canada's Wonderland, 905-832-7482, [email protected]