SNL's Star-Studded 40th Anniversary Special Laughs All the Way to the Top as #1 Show Sunday Night with 2.3M Viewers
SNL Red Carpet Live and SNL 40 Reached 7.8M Viewers
SNL Red Carpet Live Wows with Over 1M Viewers
For additional photography and press kit material visit: http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media and follow us on Twitter at @shawmediaTV_PR / @GlobalTV_PR
TORONTO, Feb. 17, 2015 /CNW/ - The SNL 40th Anniversary Special on Global was a schwinging success, claiming the #1 spot and leaving Canada in stitches Sunday night. With 2.3 million viewers (2+), the raucous reunion delivered huge ratings for Global, winning the night nationally in 2+ and A18-49 demos. A night of nostalgic comedy bliss brimming with homegrown heroes like Martin Short and Mike Meyers, 'SNL 40' surpassed the hype to deliver non-stop water cooler moments. With highlights that included Justin and Jimmy's epic opening performance, the revival of Celebrity Jeopardy, and Betty White and Bradley Cooper's steamy kiss plus powerhouse performances, SNL 40 was a night of unforgettable entertainment.
- The SNL 40th Anniversary Special (SNL 40) wins the night with 2.3 million viewers (2+), besting CTV by 57% (2+)*
- SNL 40 wins the night in the four metered markets across multiple key demos**
- SNL 40 reached its peak AMA at 8:20p with 3.1 million viewers (Ind2+)***
- Both the SNL Red Carpet Live and 40th Anniversary Special reached 7.8 million viewers****
- SNL Red Carpet Live attracts over 1 million viewers (2+)
- Live streaming of the 3.5 hour event on GlobalTV.com garnered 3X the amount of the entire weekly average, and page views to the SNL show site were more than 4X the weekly average*****
Numeris (BBM Canada) PPM Overnight Data, Feb 15th, 2015, Total Canada. *Ind2+ 8p-11:30p **A18-49, A25-54, F25-54 *** Min by Min AMA 7p-11:30p, Global Total ****Ind2+ CumeRch(000)
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Global is a Shaw Media Network.
About Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw is a diversified communications and media company, providing consumers with broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Home Phone, telecommunications services (through Shaw Business), satellite direct-to-home services (through Shaw Direct) and eng aging programming content (through Shaw Media). Shaw serves 3.3 million customers, through a reliable and extensive fibre network. Shaw Media operates one of the largest conventional television networks in Canada, Global Television, and 19 specialty networks including HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY® and Showcase. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Symbol: TSX – SJR.B, NYSE – SJR). For more information about Shaw, please visit www.shaw.ca.
SOURCE Global Television
For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Anne Vranic, Senior Publicist, Global Television, 416-934-6999, [email protected]; Jessica Gold, Publicity Manager, Global Television and Dramatic Channels, 416-966-7543, [email protected]