Canada's CFO of the Year ™ 2015 award nominations now open
14 Oct, 2014, 14:48 ET
TORONTO, Oct. 14, 2014 /CNW/ - Nominations are now being accepted at www.cfoy.ca for the 2015 Canada's CFO of the Year™ Award. The presenting sponsors for the 2015 award are Financial Executives International Canada (FEI Canada), PwC and Robert Half. Now in its 13th year, the award honours the quality, insight, direction and leadership of Canada's senior financial leaders. Nominations close on December 19, 2015.
Candidates from any business sector may be nominated by CEOs, corporate directors, financial analysts and other senior executives. An independent selection committee, comprising some of Canada's most prominent business leaders, will select the award winner. The recipient of Canada's CFO of the Year™ Award will be honoured at a gala dinner at the Ritz Carlton Toronto on Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
"Canada's financial leaders play a critical role in ensuring the success of their organizations," says Michael Conway, President & Chief Executive Officer of FEI Canada. "It is important we recognize their dedication and achievements and this award does just that, by celebrating the contributions of Canada's best Chief Financial Officers to their organizations and to their communities."
Previous recipients of Canada's CFO of the Year Award include:
- 2014 - Janice Fukakusa, Chief Administration Officer and Chief Financial Officer, RBC
- 2013 - Brian Lawson, Senior Managing Partner and Chief Financial Officer, Brookfield Asset Management
- 2012 - Colleen Johnston, Group Head Finance and Chief Financial Officer, TD Bank Group
- 2011 - Gordon Maron, former Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, PCL Construction Holdings Ltd.
- 2010 - Richard Bird, Executive Vice-President, Chief Financial Officer & Corporate Development, Enbridge Inc.
- 2010 - Cynthia Devine, Chief Financial Officer, Tim Hortons Inc.
- 2009 - David Garofalo, President and CEO, HudBay Minerals Inc. (former Chief Financial Officer, Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd.)
- 2008 - Bruce Waterman, former EVP, International Development and Chief Financial Officer, Agrium Inc.
- 2007 - Marvin Romanow, former CEO and Chief Financial Officer, Nexen Inc.
- 2006 - Karen Maidment, former Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, BMO Financial Group
- 2005 - Claude Mongeau, CEO (and former Chief Financial Officer), CN
- 2004 - Peter Rubenovitch, former Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Manulife Financial Group
- 2003 - Peter W. Currie, former Vice-Chairman and Chief Financial Officer of RBC Financial Group
"The role of CFOs within an organization continues to evolve with the changing market dynamics. Today, CFOs are more involved and collaborative - demanding and demonstrating commercial insight outside of traditional finance," said Tahir Ayub, Managing Partner, Markets and Industries, PwC Canada. "CFOs need to engage operations, sales, marketing and other lines of business to successfully assess and develop action plans that should lead to more confident decision-making and better business outcomes."
David King, Director of Robert Half, added: "Canadian businesses often rely on the guidance and leadership of their CFO and finance team to realize their organization's business strategy. Canada's CFO of the Year™ Award celebrates the impact of the financial leader, and the finance functions as a whole, on helping companies fulfill their growth objectives."
For more information or to submit your nomination for the next Canada's CFO of the Year, please visit www.cfoy.ca.
About Financial Executives International Canada (FEI Canada)
FEI Canada is the all-industry professional membership association for senior financial executives. With eleven chapters across Canada and more than 1,600 members, FEI Canada provides professional development, thought leadership and advocacy services to its members. The association membership, which consists of Chief Financial Officers, Audit Committee Directors and senior executives in the Finance, Controller, Treasury and Taxation functions, represents a significant number of Canada's leading and most influential corporations.
Further information can be found at www.feicanada.org. Follow us on Twitter at @FEICanada.
About PwC Canada
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. More than 5,700 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with more than 180,000 people in 158 countries. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com/ca.
Follow PwC on Twitter at @PwC_Canada_LLP and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pwccanada.
© 2014 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership. All rights reserved.
PwC refers to the Canadian member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
About Robert Half
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized financial recruitment service and a member of the S&P 500. With over 350 locations worldwide including 22 in Canada, we have an unparalleled track record helping companies hire highly skilled accounting and finance professionals. From project consulting to permanent recruitment to executive search solutions, we provide clients with access to Canada's top talent. Robert Half International was named to the World's Most Admired Companies list by FORTUNE® magazine (March 19, 2012), ranking number one in the staffing industry. For more information, call (800) 474-4253 or visit www.roberthalf.ca.
SOURCE: PwC Management Services LP
For further information:
For FEI Canada:
Laura Bobak, 416.366.3007 ext. 5103, [email protected]
Laura Tulley, 416.941.8383 ext. 13929, [email protected]
For Robert Half:
Naz Araghian, 416.350.2330, [email protected]
Share this article