OTTAWA, June 23, 2013 /CNW/ - Canada Post is working to provide mail and parcel service throughout the communities affected by the flooding in Southern Alberta. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances, we will not be able to provide regular service in all areas. We respect the important work being done by emergency service personnel across the province, and will follow their guidance as this situation progresses to ensure we keep our customers and employees safe. Canada Post wants to assure customers that their mail and parcels will be kept safe until they can be delivered or picked up.
As a contingency, Calgary residents living in evacuated areas will be able to pick up their mail at the following depots. Any mail that is not picked up will be delivered as soon as service can be restored. ,
Bowness Depot, 4040 Bowness Road NW from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for people living in the following areas:
- Sunnyside and Westmount/Hillhurst with the first three characters of their postal code T2N;
- China Town with the first three characters of their postal code T2P;
- Beltline with the first three characters of their postal code, T2P and T2R;
Chinook Depot, 6939 Fisher Road from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for people living in the following areas:
- Rideau, Riverdale, Roxbororo, Stanley Park/Elboya and Cliff Bungalow with the first three characters of their postal code T2S;
- Windsor Park with the first three characters of their postal code T2V and T2T;
- Erlton and Mission with the first three characters of their postal code T2S;
- Beltline, Bonny Brook, China Town, Downtown East Village, and Inglewood with the first three characters of their postal codeT2G;
- Elbow Park with the first three characters of their postal code T2T
North West Depot, 40 Royal Vista Dr NW from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for people living in the following areas:
- Montgomery and Bowness with the first three characters of their postal code T3B.
Customers are reminded they will need to provide government-issued photo identification when picking up their mail.
Customers who receive their mail at a Post Office Box at the following evacuated locations in Calgary will be able to pick up their mail at the Calgary South Post Office, 6100 MacLeod Trail SW across from the Chinook Mall starting at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday June 25th.
- Calgary Central Post Office, 639 5th Avenue SW;
- Bankers Hall Stationary, 149 - 315 8 Avenue SW;
- Exchange Gift and Convenience store 250 - 300 5 Avenue SW;
- Dominion Drug Ltd. 665 8TH Street SW;
- Hing Wah Imports, 312 Centre Street SE;
- Centennial Tower Card Store, 245 520-3rd Avenue SW;
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 115 1410 1 Street SE;
- Marshall Drug Store, 1231-9TH Avenue SE;
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 2412 4TH Street SW;
- Mission General Store, 1706 4TH Street SW;
- Shoppers Drug Mart 1436 Kensington Road NW.
Mail delivery is expected to resume Monday, June 24 to the following areas that were affected by flooding:
- Okotoks; Black Diamond; Lethbridge; Red Deer; Canmore and Banff.
Due to current circumstances, there will be no mail delivery to the following areas on Monday, June 24:
- High River; Exshaw; Bragg Creek and Medicine Hat.
Canada Post will continue to monitor the situation and work with Emergency Services personnel and provide mail delivery to more areas as soon as it is safe to do so. As well, as evacuated areas reopen, Canada Post will assess the status of our post offices and provide further updates.
For the latest updates on affected mail operations in Alberta, customers can go to the Canada Post website, www.canadapost.ca.
SOURCE: Canada Post
For further information: