Application allows customers to quickly and easily preserve the holiday ritual
OTTAWA, Dec. 5, 2012 /CNW/ - Sending greeting cards continues to be an important tradition for Canadians during the holiday season. Canada Post is offering a new service to maintain the ritual in a modern way. The Picture Postage™ application, already popular with Canadians looking to create their own stamps and postcards, now allows users to create and send personalized greeting cards to loved ones or customers through the Canada Post mobile app or web site.
With a variety of themed card designs to choose from, simply upload your photo and add a personal message to make the card unique. There's an option to upload a mailing list to take the hassle out of addressing all those envelopes (web only). Canada Post will either ship the cards back to you to add the postage and perhaps an additional photo or two, or we'll add the postage and mail your cards for you, anywhere Canada Post delivers.
In addition to the new greeting cards, the expanded product line-up includes 12 fun new stamp designs, including holiday, celebration, special event and seasonal motifs. Available in four postage-rate options, Picture Postage stamps make it easy to turn every envelope into that extra special personalized delivery.
Based on results collected from a survey conducted on behalf of Canada Post in 2011, one in five Canadians have purchased holiday cards with the intention of sending them but never got around to it. Canada Post's application allows users to save time by creating and shipping all their cards in one single session. From selecting the template to customization and shipping, it takes just a few minutes to keep the tradition alive
Our new app gives you:
- Access to the canadapost.ca/picturepostage order site
- A choice of customized products including stamps, postcards and greeting cards
- Many holiday card designs to choose from
- The ability to add photos from your Facebook account, your computer or your mobile phone
- An option to customize envelopes with addressing or addressing plus postage (web only - all mobile orders include addressing and postage)
- An option to have your cards shipped to your home, or sent direct to your friends and family (web only)
- Support for standard mailing list formats (web only): .txt, .csv, .xlsx, .xls, .ods or .slk
SOURCE: Canada Post
For further information: