OTTAWA, oct. 20, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - With more Canadians doing their holiday shopping online, parcel volumes have begun to soar, setting up what is expected to be a record-breaking season. As Canada Post delivers two out of three parcels ordered online, it has significantly boosted its seasonal resources and revamped its operations to ensure that retailers can meet customer expectations, and that gift-givers across the country receive their orders on time.
Holiday preparations include:
- Starting November 2, Canada Post will be delivering parcels on weekends, which translates into approximately 200,000 delivery hours across Canada over the holiday period.
- Also beginning on November 2, parcel and mail processing will operate 24/7 inside its major facilities.
- More than 3,000 seasonal workers have been hired in preparation for the increase in parcel volumes and will complement its 49,000 delivery and processing employees.
- Canada Post has doubled its capacity with national transportation suppliers.
- Air transportation capacity has been increased significantly.
- To reduce the impact on the environment, Canada Post will continue to use alternate fuelled and low emission vehicles.
Since Canadians have already begun to gear up for the holidays, Canada Post would like to wish shoppers and retailers a very happy season ahead. The Corporation looks forward to serving its customers during this busy time, from coast to coast to coast.
SOURCE: Canada Post
For further information: Media Relations, 613-734-8888, [email protected]