Store to mark its first anniversary with Food's Greatest Celebration™ Party
TORONTO, Nov. 29, 2012 /CNW/ - Food's Greatest Celebration™ - Kick off the holidays by capturing a magical moment. An amazing President's Choice® Giant Holiday Gingerbread House will come to life in the Canteen at the Loblaws® store at Maple Leaf Gardens* on Friday, November 30, at 7:45 a.m. as part of the store's first anniversary celebrations.
The lighting ceremony to officially open the President's Choice® Giant Holiday Gingerbread House
- Soaring to almost the height of the store's well-known cheese wall and covering the Canteen!
- Made of real gingerbread!
- Covered in twinkling lights, decorated with 1,000 tiles of gingerbread and more than 700 pounds of colourful candy, including 5,000 mini candy canes.
- Complete with Christmas trees and festive trimming, surrounded by mounds of white snow, and warmed up by the glow of a cozy fireplace and of course Santa and his elves.
- 30 children from the Boys and Girls Club of Toronto who will be decorating gingerbread cookies
- Toy Ballerina and Toy Solider dancers, Santa Claus and elves!
- Marcello Piane, store director, Loblaws® store at Maple Leaf Gardens*
- Gail Nyberg, executive director the Daily Bread Food Bank
- The first 400 guests through the doors at 7 a.m. on November 30 will receive a slice of cake with an instant win prize that could be a yummy treat from the store or even one prize for $5,000 worth of Loblaws gift cards.
- The official lighting takes place at 7:45 a.m.
- Cameras are invited to arrive for 7:30 a.m.
- Additional activities run from November 30 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and December 1 and 2 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Loblaws® store at Maple Leaf Gardens*
60 Carlton St. (Carlton and Church), Toronto - Parking access from Carlton
Additional anniversary celebration activities (November 30 to December 2):
- Families can have their photo taken with Santa Claus in the President's Choice® Giant Holiday Gingerbread House for $5. Santa's elves will be on hand to take pictures and to help guests to decorate their very own gingerbread men cookies for $2 each. All proceeds will support the President's Choice® Children's Charity.
- Mark Russell, executive chef at the Loblaws® store at Maple Leaf Gardens*, and his team of chefs will prepare mouth-watering holiday treats and give interactive cooking demonstrations.
- Guests anxious to try their hand at fun foodie activities like cupcake decorating or four course meal plating will have the chance to win prizes and interact with Loblaws specialists while participating in fun food challenges, like cheese-grating, pizza-making and more. Prizes include festive treats from the store and Loblaws and Joe Fresh gift cards.
- The store is bringing back some of its best musical acts of the year to entertain guests all weekend: Marty Oakes Trio on Friday, November 30 (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.); Ryan Oliver Jazz Duo, Saturday, December 1 (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.); and the Mary Mac Duo on Sunday, December 2 (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Cameras are welcome all day. Please RSVP to rock-it promotions to schedule a time.-
*Reg'd TM. Lic'd use.
SOURCE: Loblaw Companies Limited
For further information:
For interview requests, please contact:
Lisa Power, rock-it promotions, inc., at email@example.com or 416.629.7638
Ashley Ballantyne, rock-it promotions, inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.656.0707 ext. 111
Loblaw Companies Limited Public Relations, at email@example.com or 905.459.2500