President's Choice® Giant Holiday Gingerbread House now open for holiday season
TORONTO, Nov. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - Come one! Come all! From Friday, November 30 to Sunday, December 2, the Loblaws® store at Maple Leaf Gardens* is hosting a fabulous party called Food's Greatest CelebrationTM to mark the store's first anniversary.
- Guests will have the chance to win prizes and interact with Loblaws food experts while participating in fun food challenges, like cheese-grating, pizza-making and more. Prizes include festive treats from the store and gift cards to Loblaws and Joe Fresh.
- Mark Russell, executive chef at the Loblaws® store at Maple Leaf Gardens*, and his team of chefs will prepare mouth-watering holiday treats and give interactive cooking demonstrations.
- The store is bringing back some of its best musical acts of the year to entertain guests all weekend: Marty Oakes Trio on Friday, November 30 (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.); Ryan Oliver Jazz Duo, Saturday, December 1 (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.); and the Mary Mac Duo on Sunday, December 2 (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
A Pizza Making Challenge will take place Friday, November 30 at noon. Cameras are invited to arrive for 11:45 a.m. to set up.
Additional anniversary celebration activities (November 30 to December 2):
- Kids with a flair for food are invited to have Breakfast with Santa, when a special PC Cooking School class takes place December 2 from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. On the menu are yummy treats like pancakes, syrup, biscuits with jam toppings, orange juice and lots of fun! Breakfast with Santa is open to all ages and costs $10 per person. Register here.
- A magical and amazing President's Choice® Giant Holiday Gingerbread House will come to life in the Canteen on November 30 as part of the store's first anniversary celebrations.
- The President's Choice® Giant Holiday Gingerbread House will be quite a sight to see, soaring almost to the height of the store's well-known cheese wall and about as long as the popular deli counter.
- It will be decorated with 1,000 tiles of gingerbread and more than 700 pounds of colourful candy, including 5,000 mini candy canes, and complete with Christmas trees, festive trimming, surrounded by mounds of snowy white, and warmed up by the glow of a cozy fireplace.
- Beginning November 30 and every weekend until the end of the holiday season, Santa and his elves will be on hand to take pictures and to help you decorate your very own gingerbread men cookies. Nibble your creations knowing that all proceeds from purchases of these gingerbread men cookies will be donated to the President's Choice® Children's Charity.
CAMERAS ARE WELCOME ALL WEEKEND. PLEASE RSVP TO ROCK-IT PROMOTIONS TO SCHEDULE A TIME.
Loblaws® store at Maple Leaf Gardens*
60 Carlton St. (Carlton and Church), Toronto
Activities will run from November 30 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and December 1 and 2 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
*Reg'd TM. Lic'd use.
Image with caption: "Marcello Piane (right), store director at the Loblaws(R) store at Maple Leaf Gardens*, and Santa's elves present lucky shopper Sheldon McGlastan with a $5,000 Loblaws gift card, as part of the store's first anniversary celebrations this morning. *Reg'd TM. Lic'd use. (CNW Group/Loblaw Companies Limited)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121130_C5110_PHOTO_EN_21398.jpg
Image with caption: "Santa Claus greets guests from the President's Choice(R) Giant Holiday Gingerbread House, unveiled this morning as part of the first anniversary celebrations at the Loblaws(R) store at Maple Leaf Gardens*. Santa and his elves will be in the house every weekend until the end of the holiday season. *Reg'd TM. Lic'd use. (CNW Group/Loblaw Companies Limited)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121130_C5110_PHOTO_EN_21397.jpg
SOURCE: Loblaw Companies Limited
For further information:
For interview requests, please contact:
Lisa Power, rock-it promotions, inc., at [email protected] or 416.629.7638
Ashley Ballantyne, rock-it promotions, inc., at [email protected] or 416.656.0707 ext. 111
Loblaw Companies Limited Public Relations, at [email protected] or 905.459.2500