MEERBUSCH, Germany, Aug. 17, 2015 /CNW/ - The ICMA is a worldwide design competition. It includes categories for magazine design, book design, logos, corporate design and corporate publications. The fifth competition attracted entries for 364 publications from 17 countries.
The call for entries can be found here: http://www.creative-media-award.com
Deadline: 1st October 2015.
The aim of the competition is to highlight worldwide design trends and to celebrate outstanding work. In many countries competitions are held around the themes of corporate media, corporate design and book and magazine design which are run as separate events. The ICMA gives an overview of all of these areas of contemporary graphic design. It covers print, online and even functional design on Smartphone, iPad and Tablet.
The competition is split into 22 categories:
- Creative Media Award: For magazine design. There are categories for cover design, infographics, photo reportage and visual storytelling.
- Creative Book Award: This category is about book design. There are 11 subcategories, including photo books, art books, school books and even books on iPad.
- Corporate Design Award: For logos, corporate design and type design.
- Corporate Media Award: For staff media, annual reports, customer magazines and business-to-business and business-to-client publications.
- ICMA Student Award: Student projects are welcome in all categories.
Why should I take part in this competition:
In the magazine "Page" there was the following quote from a designer about this: "We have been in agreement for some years that there is no cheaper advertising than participation in design competitions. How much more would we have to spend without this simple method in order to attract attention! And what's nicer than the accolade of colleagues?"
SOURCE International Editorial-Design & Research Forum
For further information: International Editorial-Design & Research Forum, c/o Norbert Kuepper, Gutenbergstreet 4, 40670 Meerbusch, Germany, Telephone: +49-2159911615, [email protected], http://www.creative-media-award.com