Calgary Marriott Downtown gives you the ultimate Canadian adventure to celebrate Canada 150
CALGARY, May 31, 2017 /CNW/ - Canada 150, eh! Calgary Marriott Downtown wants to give you the ultimate Canadian experience and help you celebrate Canada's 150th—in the most Canadian way. Make the Calgary Marriott Downtown your basecamp to an all Canadian adventure with national historic sites and parks—thanks to the free 2017 Parks Canada Discovery Pass; natural wonders, attractions and events, all within a short drive of the city.
Calgary is the perfect destination for Canada's 150th Anniversary; with plenty of offerings and travel motivators that have tied in a special Canada 150 celebratory aspect:
- The Calgary Stampede is set to celebrate with a Canada 150 discount day on July 11th. Admission to the grounds is free all day for seniors (ages 65+) and they also get a free Skyride and standing-room tickets for the rodeo and evening show. Arrive early and enjoy free coffee and pastries at the Saddledome Steps (while supplies last.) The Stampede also promises "uniquely Canadian surprises."
- GlobalFest will celebrate Canada's 150th with a six-night distinctly Canadian firework display from across the country, with teams from British Columbia to Alberta and Ontario to Nova Scotia (August 15th-26th)
- Heritage Park is giving you 150 reasons to come and visit the park this season; including celebrating the indigenous culture on June 18th, learn how they celebrate Canada in 'the west' and even meet new Canadians! Watch as 75 individuals take the official citizenship oath and become Canadian citizens (date TBA)
- The Royal Tyrrell Museum, Dinosaur Provincial Park and the Canadian Rockies are all offering exceptional experiences to learn about the country's cultural and natural history (happening all spring and summer long)
- Canada 150 Sculpture Calgary's Canada 150 sculpture will be travelling to various events and iconic locations in Calgary throughout 2017. Check Facebook and Twitter to find out where and when, and join in the celebration of our country's 150th birthday by posting a selfie on social media using #Canada150.
The upscale Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel offers you the perfect rest stop to your day-filled adventures with their spacious accommodation and incredible views of the city skyline and the Canadian Rockies in the distance. To commemorate Canada's BIG 150, the hotels award-winning Bourbon inspired ONE18 EMPIRE restaurant will be offering a signature Canadian Cocktail, named the Walter Stanley—in honor of Mr. Walter Chell, who created the Caesar cocktail and Mr. George Stanley, a native Calgarian who designed the Canadian Flag. The drink is a maple syrup and bacon rimmed Caesar cocktail made with Canadian rye and garnished with a combination of Canadian inspired bites.
The Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel is pleased to be a part of Canada's 150th Anniversary and offer their guests the ultimate Canadian adventure.
Browse through the hotel's website to find out more. High resolution photos available.
About Marriott Hotels
With nearly 550 hotels and resorts in over 55 countries and territories around the world, Marriott Hotels is evolving travel through every aspect of the guest's stay, enabling the next generation to Travel Brilliantly. Boldly transforming itself for mobile and global travelers who blend work and play, Marriott leads the industry with innovations, including the Greatroom lobby and Mobile Guest Services that elevates style & design and technology. Marriott Hotels is proud to participate in the industry's award-winning loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®. Members can now link accounts with Starwood Preferred Guest® at members.marriott.com for instant elite status matching and unlimited points transfer. To learn more, visit www.MarriottHotels.com. Stay connected to Marriott Hotels on Facebook, @marriott on Twitter and @marriotthotels on Instagram.
SOURCE Marriott Hotels & Resorts Canada
For further information: Tiffany Richards, Director of Sales & Marketing, T: 403.231.4529 | E: [email protected]