MISSISSAUGA, ON and CHELMSFORD, MA, Feb. 4, 2013 /CNW/ - Calgary Co-op, one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America, is using workforce management solutions from Kronos to control labour costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Kronos has helped Calgary Co-op improve customer service by placing the right employee performing the right task at the right time, increasing staffing effectiveness rate year-over-year through effective scheduling of front-end staff across a variety of retail food locations.
- Delivery of a superior customer experience - that builds brand loyalty and increases operating margins - is more important than ever for Canadian retailers in the face of growing competition. By using integrated time and attendance and forecasting and scheduling solutions from Kronos, Calgary Co-op accurately tracks employee time, precisely forecasts demand, and places the right associates in the right places at the right times to meet member demand. By providing critical, actionable information, Kronos helps Calgary Co-op increase sales, drive brand loyalty, and maintain competitive edge.
- Efficient staffing management with Kronos has also helped Calgary Co-op decrease labour-related costs and improve member satisfaction through minimized over-or-under scheduling.
- The accuracy provided by Kronos solutions has ultimately helped Calgary Co-op achieve year-over-year growth based on labour standards, including a five percent increase in staffing effectiveness over the last year. As a result, Calgary Co-op's local market has been better able to focus on its goal to deliver the freshest products at competitive prices.
- Calgary Co-op plans to expand its use of Kronos solutions across all divisions, including grocery, bakery, pharmacy, deli, and produce to further enhance its quality of member service.
- Shawn Jacks, retail scheduling director, Calgary Co-op
"We have experienced tremendous gains in our front-end operation since implementing the Kronos solution, and continue to see year-over-year improvements by scheduling the right employees in the right place at the right time. The Kronos integrated forecasting and scheduling applications in particular help our managers and supervisors plan accurately and schedule accordingly, which ultimately means more efficient service for our members."
- Spiros Paleologos, vice president, operations, Kronos Canada
"By implementing a workforce management solution that helps achieve its organizational goals, Calgary Co-op can focus on its commitment to members to lead in food, petroleum, home health care, pharmacy, and travel. Kronos is dedicated to continuing to help Calgary Co-op achieve its goals and is proud to watch the organization consistently deliver exceptional member service."
- About Calgary Co-op.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labour costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, hiring, and labour analytics applications at www.kronos.ca. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Kronos Inc.
For further information: