12-point CarFit inspection
THORNHILL, ON, Sept. 24, 2012 /CNW/ - Do you feel comfortable and in control behind the wheel?
Take the necessary steps to better understand your vehicle's safety features and how well you and your vehicle fit at CAA South Central Ontario's (CAA SCO) first-ever CarFit clinic being held at Yorkdale Shopping Centre on September 24, 2012 between 6 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Once there, a trained CAA CarFit technician will ask you simple questions and complete a 12-point inspection. You will leave with recommended car adjustments and a greater peace of mind.
"Checking to see that you and your vehicle fit well together can be just as important as a mechanical checkup," said Teresa Di Felice, Director of Driver Training, CAA SCO. "Drivers can make individual adjustments to their vehicles which in the end could make a lifesaving difference to you and your loved ones."
CAA SCO's top 6 CarFit recommendations:
- A clear line of sight over the steering wheel. Your line of sight should be at least three inches above the top of the steering wheel.
- Plenty of room between you and the air bag in the steering wheel. The distance should be at least 10 inches to allow adequate room for the air bag to deploy.
- Properly adjusted head rest. The centre of the head rest should be about three inches or less from the centre of the back of your head, not against your neck.
- Easy access to gas and brake pedals. You should be able to reach the pedals without having to stretch too far and you should also be able to completely depress the brake pedal.
- A seatbelt that holds you in proper position and remains comfortable to drive. The lap belt should be placed low across your hips while the shoulder belt should cross-mid shoulder and across your chest. A seatbelt should never go behind your back or under your arm.
- Before starting your vehicle, adjust your mirrors to greatly reduce blind spots.
CAA South Central Ontario is a not-for-profit auto club offering insurance, travel, automotive care and roadside services. There are more than 1.8 million CAA members in South Central Ontario and 5 million members in Canada. We're more than Roadside Assistance. We're Life-side Assistance. Visit www.caasco.com.
SOURCE: CAA South Central Ontario
For further information:
Media contact: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Specialist, CAA SCO, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Specialist, email@example.com, Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.