In the news release, Media invited to CP Canada 150 Train event in Regina, issued 02-Aug-2017 by Canadian Pacific over CNW, we are advised by the company that the location of the event has been updated. The complete, corrected release follows:
Media invited to CP Canada 150 Train event in Regina
REGINA, Aug. 2, 2017 /CNW/ - Canadian Pacific invites local media and public to attend the CP Canada 150 Train community event.
What: CP Canada 150 Train event
When: August 2, 2017 - 5-8 p.m. (show starts at 6 p.m.)
Where: 2905 N Railway Street, across from the old Mosaic Stadium
Full event details, including on site activities, available at http://www.cpr.ca/en/community/canada-150/regina. Feel free to promote the event prior to show time.
Media is encouraged to share our Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/123250614908505/) and engage on social media @CanadianPacific using #ConnectingCanada.
Please send requests to speak to a CP spokesperson to Alert_MediaRelations@cpr.ca and if you can, please RSVP to Alert_MediaRelations@cpr.ca.
Facts about CP in this city
- The City of Regina exists today because the CPR decided to take a southern route across the prairies.
- On August 19th, 1882, a CPR gang established a tracklaying record of 21,490' (6.5 kilometres) just east of Regina.
- On August 12th, 1882 Princess Louise, wife of Lord Lorne, Canada's governor general who gave royal assent to CPR's charter of incorporation, gave the name Regina – Latin for Queen – in honour of Queen Victoria to the future capital city.
- Today, CP employs approximately 600 people in Regina.
- In 2018, CP will bring the world's best golfers to the Queen City for the LPGA Canadian Women's Championship, the CP Women's Open.
SOURCE Canadian Pacific
For further information: Alert_MediaRelations@cpr.ca.