- Tell us how $100,000 could help your community build a better place to play at kraftcelebrationtour.ca -
- Each of the 10 winning communities will host a live broadcast of TSN's SPORTSCENTRE, receive a $25,000 prize, and a chance to take home the grand prize -
- TSN's SPORTSCENTRE travels across Canada for 10 live broadcasts this summer -
- The Kraft Celebration Tour has donated $1.25 million to 50 deserving communities across the country since 2009 -
TORONTO, April 29, 2014 /CNW/ - The summertime road trip that captivates Canadian communities is back - and it's bigger than ever before. Now in its sixth consecutive year, the award-winning Kraft Celebration Tour launches today to help Canadians build better places to play. Whether that's creating parks, improving baseball fields or upgrading basketball courts - Kraft Canada and TSN want to celebrate and inspire communities to become active.
Beginning today, Canadians can nominate their project at kraftcelebrationtour.ca for the chance to win $25,000 towards building a better place to play in their community. New this year, one Top 10 community project will win a $100,000 grand prize - as decided by Canadians through two days of voting (see below for additional details).
All winners will also host a live broadcast of Canada's most-watched sports news program, TSN's SPORTSCENTRE, as part of this summer's cross-country tour from August 15-24. Leading the special SPORTSCENTRE broadcasts are anchors Darren Dutchyshen, Jennifer Hedger, and Kate Beirness. A fourth host will be announced in the coming months. By the end of this year's campaign, SPORTSCENTRE will have marked 60 on-the-road live broadcasts across Canada.
"We believe that healthy, active living starts with having places to play," said Jack Hewitt, Vice President, Consumer Insights and Portfolio Marketing, Kraft Canada. "We're very proud of the Kraft Celebration Tour and our ability to support recreational facilities in cities and towns coast to coast. It's inspiring to watch communities rally around a common goal and show such incredible hometown pride."
"Canadians have shown a tremendous outpouring of support for the Kraft Celebration Tour, and their passion demonstrates the power of sports at a grassroots level," said Stewart Johnston, President, TSN. "We are immensely proud to take SPORTSCENTRE on the road once again and give back to Canadian sports fans by helping them build better places to play."
< Jennifer Hedger, Kate Beirness, and Darren Dutchyshen are available for interviews>>
HOW IT WORKS
- Nominate Now: Canadians can nominate their community project at kraftcelebrationtour.ca until June 6. In their nominations, Canadians are asked to tell us how $100,000 can help build a better place to play in their community. Nominations should highlight a community's spirit, passion for sport, and healthy active lifestyle.
- Winners Announced: On July 1, TSN and RDS will announce 10 winners, as selected by a panel of judges, that each earn a $25,000 community award and a spot on the tour.
- Grand Prize Voting: On July 21 and July 22, it's up to Canada to decide who of that Top 10 will take home the grand prize of $100,000 in total for their community by casting a vote on kraftcelebrationtour.ca.
- Kraft Celebration Tour: From August 15-24, each of the 10 winning communities will host a live SPORTSCENTRE broadcast during their Kraft Celebration Tour stop.
- Grand Prize Winner Reveal: The grand prize winner will be announced on August 25 on SPORTSCENTRE.
HOW TO FOLLOW
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, TSN's slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America's largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion. With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. The company's iconic brands include Kraft, Capri Sun, JELL-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters and Velveeta. Kraft's 22,500 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices. For more information, visit www.kraftfoodsgroup.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
Image with caption: "TSN's Kate Beirness and Darren Dutchyshen will once again hit the road to host live editions of SPORTSCENTRE across the country during the Kraft Celebration Tour. (CNW Group/TSN)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140429_C5696_PHOTO_EN_39760.jpg
For further information:
Amy Gillespie at Edelman
Melissa Prince at Edelman