Broadridge Expands Transformative Client Communications Service with Launch for Canadian Financial Firms
05 Jun, 2013, 08:00 ET
New service brings communications into the digital age, supporting consumer choice of preferred channels
LAKE SUCCESS, NY, June 5, 2013 /CNW/ - Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR), the leading provider of investor communications solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally, today announces the expansion of its capabilities in Canada with the launch of Broadridge FluentSM, a new service that significantly improves communications between Canadian financial firms and their customers. Broadridge Fluent is a communications exchange that brings companies into the digital age and enhances customer engagement by enabling firms to distribute marketing, transactional and regulatory communications to their customers' preferred delivery channels while providing enriched insight and interactive capabilities.
"Digital channels are changing how investors access and digest content," said Donna Bristow, Vice President, Strategic Product Development and Client Management, Broadridge. "With the advent of new tablet devices, social networking and high-speed connectivity in broadband, our clients are using technology in new ways. Financial services firms have a significant opportunity to embrace these advances, engage their customers using channels of their choosing, and ultimately make financial communications much more efficient and effective."
Broadridge Fluent enables the digital delivery of a full range of communications to Canadian investors including disclosure documents, trade confirmations, statements, proxy materials and tax documents. Additional new channels beyond firm websites and advisor portals, such as emerging digital mail services and social media sites, will be leveraged for investor communication distributions in the future.
The Broadridge solution is delivered as a Platform-As-A-Service (PAAS) to allow for cost reduction while eliminating a lengthy integration process. Key capabilities of the Broadridge Fluent platform include:
- Support for Emerging Channels—integrated solution across traditional channels such as print, e-delivery and firm websites, alongside emerging channels such as advisor and client service platforms and digital mail. As new channels continue to emerge, the platform will expand to support each of these channels without requiring additional development or added expense for Broadridge clients.
- Preference & Consent Management—a robust preference and consent management capability allowing firms to capture customer delivery preferences through any channel and utilize those preferences at the account, firm, industry or consumer level.
- Identity Management—enables authentication of an identity through a more user-friendly means than a user name and password - helping firms to further increase adoption of e-delivery.
- Enhanced Insight—insight with regard to the delivery status and use of communications by clients across all divisions of the firm, including advisors, client services and operations teams.
- Interactive Communications—firms can benefit by taking advantage of the interactive nature of new communications channels. This interactivity component enables regulatory and transactional communications to be converted into relationship-enhancing opportunities.
Broadridge has been the leader in investor communications for nearly 25 years and today processes more than 1.5 billion investor communications annually through a combination of physical and electronic channels. Broadridge has been a pioneer in preference management, maintaining a preference database of approximately 135 million North American investment accounts and is leading digital transformation of financial communications through Broadridge Fluent, the next meaningful step forward in client engagement.
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge's investor communications, securities processing and operations outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities. With 50 years of experience, Broadridge's infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America, and processes more than $4.5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day. Broadridge employs approximately 6,200 full-time associates in 13 countries.
For more information about Broadridge, please visit www.broadridge.com.
For further information:
Kelly M. Howard
Share this article