British Columbia's First Shoppers Drug Mart Enhanced Convenience Food Location to Open April 22
Apr 19, 2017, 10:00 ET
VANCOUVER, April 19, 2017 /CNW/ - (TSX: L): On Saturday April 22, at 8:00 a.m. British Columbia's first Shoppers Drug Mart Enhanced Convenience Food section will open at 2748 East Hastings Street in Vancouver. Aiming to provide customers with an experience that combines convenience with quality foods, the improved offering includes approximately 750 new fresh items.
"With the close connection between food and wellness, the introduction of convenience fresh food items in Shoppers Drug Mart is a great fit," says Chong Bang, SVP Merchandising, Shoppers Drug Mart. "We first introduced a limited selection of convenience food in Shoppers Drug Mart when we launched the large format store in 2002. Now as a division of Loblaw, we have been able to leverage food expertise to develop an enhanced convenience food offering, providing our customers with the ability to quickly pick up fresh and healthy items."
In support of the expanded food offering, pharmacists in enhanced fresh food stores have been provided with additional nutrition training and health information, so they can better help customers and patients to shop well.
Among the fresh items are:
- Produce including bulk and individual items, organic choices, prepared salads and cut fruits and vegetables
- Specialty cheeses and deli meats
- Packaged fresh meat including poultry, pork and beef
- A selection of locally prepared easy meals such as entrees and ready-made sandwiches including vegetarian options
- Available for the first time in a Shoppers Drug Mart, T&T products including authentic sushi delivered daily and baked goods
- A floral program with fresh cut flowers delivered twice a week
- Expanded bakery including a fresh assortments of breads and sweets
- Expanded President's Choice food offerings
Following the opening of the Hastings Street location, enhanced convenience food offerings will roll out in select Shoppers Drug Mart stores across Vancouver and Richmond. There are two formats for enhanced convenience food: Fully Enhanced or Grab and Go. While both models focus on convenience, Fully Enhanced locations will offer a larger assortment of fresh offerings, while Grab and Go locations will emphasize quick and convenient offerings for the urban customer. Openings will run until the end of July at several locations including:
- 11800 Cambie Road, Richmond
Grab & Go:
- 3020 West Broadway, Vancouver
- 3303 Main Street, Vancouver
- 1202 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- 370 East Broadway, Vancouver
- 1780 West Broadway, Vancouver
- 586 Granville Street, Vancouver
- 1006 Homer Street, Vancouver
To mark the grand opening, there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10:00am, Chef prepared food samples, delicious giveaways, grand opening food specials and offers all weekend long!
About Shoppers Drug Mart
Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing. The Company is the licensor of full-service retail drug stores operating under the name Shoppers Drug Mart (Pharmaprix in Québec). With more than 1,300 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores operating in prime locations in each province and two territories, the Company is one of the most convenient retailers in Canada. The Company also licenses or owns 51 medical clinic pharmacies operating under the name Shoppers Simply Pharmacy (Pharmaprix Simplement Santé in Québec),five luxury beauty destinations operating as Murale and 40 Shoppers Home Health Care stores. In addition to its retail store network, the Company owns ShoppersDrug Mart Specialty Health Network Inc., a provider of specialty drug distribution, pharmacy and comprehensive patient support services, and MediSystem Technologies Inc., a provider of pharmaceutical products and services to long-term care facilities. Shoppers Drug Mart is a unique and independent operating division of Loblaw Companies Limited.
SOURCE Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation
For further information: Julie Dunham - Manager, Communications & Corporate Affairs, Shoppers Drug Mart, 416.493.1220 x5141| [email protected]
Share this article