FORT MILL, S.C., June 21, 2017 /CNW/ -- Britax Child Safety, Inc., in cooperation with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Transport Canada and other regulatory authorities, is conducting a recall of the chest clip on certain B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite and BOB B-Safe 35 infant car seat models manufactured between Nov. 1, 2015 and May 31, 2017 as identified on www.bsafe35clip.com.
In its continued commitment to child passenger safety, Britax determined the center tab on the chest clip – on certain infant car seat models – can break and present a choking hazard to an infant in the car seat. Britax is announcing this recall out of an abundance of caution.
"Our mission is to deliver safe products parents can depend on," said Maria Montaño, President of Britax Americas. "We're committed to doing better by bringing new insights and thinking to everything we do, which includes making significant investments in our technology as well as research and development."
Consumers can continue to safely use the affected car seats if they remove the chest clip or monitor the center tab of the chest clip for signs of breakage. The chest clip is not a required safety device: it is added to the harness system to help position the shoulder straps. Consumers should always ensure harness straps are tight and properly positioned at or slightly below the child's shoulders. To verify the tightness of the harness straps consumers should make sure they cannot vertically pinch any webbing at the child's collar bone.
To determine if your infant car seat is included in the recall, visit: www.bsafe35clip.com and follow these steps:
- Look for the Date of Manufacture (DOM) label on the back of the infant car seat shell.
- Compare the DOM details to the model numbers and date range listed on the site.
- If your seat is affected and you registered your seat, you will automatically be sent a free replacement chest clip.
- If your seat is affected and you didn't register your seat, you can order your free kit here: www.bsafe35clip.com.
- Until you receive your replacement chest clip, you can continue to safely use the car seat as long as you remove your current chest clip or monitor the center tab of the chest clip for signs of breakage.
- Before installing the new replacement chest clip, review the printed step-by-step instructions and/or watch the how-to video on the site.
- Do not return product to the retailer.
Consumers with any questions can speak with a Britax Customer Service representative by calling 1-833-474-7016. Our extended Customer Service business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET and on Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET.
About Britax Child Safety Inc.
Britax manufactures a full line of safe, high-quality and intuitively designed premium car seats, strollers and accessories. Britax Americas sets and exceeds safety standards in the U.S and Canada, and engineers, tests and assembles more than 90 percent of its car seats in the United States. In 2011, Britax expanded its product line by acquiring BOB gear, a leading manufacturer of high-quality strollers and stroller accessories. The Britax Child Safety, Inc. Americas Headquarters is located in Fort Mill, S.C. and employs over 200 people.
Ashley Currie @ Zeno Group
SOURCE Britax Child Safety, Inc.