Services Touch Entire Device Value Chain, from Manufacturers to the End-user
MIAMI and BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 27, 2012 /CNW/ - Brightstar Corp., the world's largest specialized wireless distributor and a global leader in services and solutions for the wireless industry, is continuing to evolve its focus beyond the management of devices. At the 2012 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week, Brightstar is showcasing its solutions that address the entire life cycle of the device.
Managing a wireless portfolio is more complex than ever as manufacturers, operators, retailers and enterprises are facing new challenges brought by the flood of new devices in the market, shifting consumer tastes, and growth and maturity in regions around the world. Brightstar's expanded service offerings are designed to leverage its global reach and local expertise to meet these evolving challenges and opportunities.
"From our unique position in the industry, we are able to identify game-changing trends, understand their implications, and respond quickly and strategically on behalf of our customers," said Marcelo Claure, chairman and CEO of Brightstar. "By first listening to our customers and understanding their specific needs, we can use our global intelligence to tailor innovative solutions to help increase their performance and profitability."
In advanced and developing markets, operators are seeking new sources of revenue and need to create customer loyalty, while emerging markets represent significant opportunity for subscriber growth. Brightstar understands the challenges of each and has developed world-class services and solutions to help wireless manufacturers, operators, retailers, and enterprises, to meet these needs. Brightstar's solutions are organized into five service pillars.
- Value-Added Distribution: Manufacturers can use Brightstar's more than 1.6 million square feet of warehouse space and operations in 51 countries and territories to help get their product, to the right place, at the right time. Brightstar's differentiated, value-added approach includes: product development, manufacturing and assembly, product distribution, channel development and management, and marketing services.
- Supply Chain Optimization Services: Leading players in the wireless industry count on Brightstar's comprehensive set of supply chain services and solutions to help manage the wireless customer relationship, increase customer satisfaction and optimize the performance of their supply chains. Services include device portfolio management, strategic sourcing and business intelligence, forward logistics and fulfillment, inventory ownership and management, reverse logistics, and test, repair and refurbishment.
- Retail Services: Brightstar helps increase sales of wireless devices by driving demand for wireless products at the point of sale, both in-store and online, while managing the complexities associated with the wireless device category. Retail services include retail management outsourcing, field sales and marketing services, and multichannel, online and virtual inventory services.
- IT VARs Mobility Services: With its 65,000 Value-added Resellers (VARs), Brightstar can provide end-users — small and medium-sized enterprises and government organizations — with cost effective wireless voice and data communication. Brightstar's tools and services help enterprises, through VARs, simplify the procurement, activation, administration, and trade-in of their wireless devices and productivity tools. Services include agent and activation enablement, customized billing platform, and software sales and distribution.
- Consumer Services: Brightstar's portfolio of mobile security, handset protection and recycling solutions provide manufacturers, operators and retailers an opportunity to improve their experience with consumers while generating additional revenue. Consumer services include device insurance and extended warranty, device trade-in, buy back and recycling, and mobile security solutions.
Brightstar representatives are in Barcelona for the 2012 Mobile World Congress and will meet with customers regarding these customized wireless solutions.
"For years, key players in the wireless industry have turned to Brightstar to manage their device supply chain," continued Claure, "But now with more than 100 customized services and solutions, we can also help our customers build consumer loyalty, drive more sales, and simplify the complexities of the entire life cycle of a device – from activation and billing, to insurance, repairs and even trade in and buy back."
Brightstar's expanded services are already hard at work for major players in the wireless industry. The company recently announced it will provide device protection for Cricket customers in the majority of the U.S. The program, offered through Brightstar's subsidiary eSecuritel, will cover a wide range of devices - including tablets - against loss, theft, damage, malfunction and issues experienced beyond the handset manufacturer's conventional warranty. Brightstar and eSecuritel also launched device protection services earlier this year for U.S.-based Verizon retailer Cellular Sales that streamline its customers' enrollment process in insurance programs, and simplify claims fulfillment. In addition to eSecuritel, Brightstar is joining forces with companies including The Retail Outsource and Mobile Insight to expand its multi-channel retail services division. For more information on Brightstar's services and solutions, or to contact Brightstar, visit www.brightstarcorp.com.
About Brightstar Corp.
Brightstar is the world's largest specialized wireless distributor and a leading global services company focused on enhancing the performance and profitability of the key participants in the wireless device value chain. The company supports over 80,000 points of sale worldwide with operations in 51 countries and territories and provides a comprehensive range of more than 100 customized services for value-added distribution, supply chain optimization, retail, government and VARs, and consumer services. Brightstar's services help customers manage the growing complexity of the wireless device value chain and enable them to increase product availability, expand their channel reach and drive supply chain efficiencies by getting the right products to the right place at the right time for the best value.
SOURCE Brightstar Corp.
For further information:
Michele M. Merrell of Brightstar Corp., +1-305-421-6000, [email protected]