- Donations go toward a number of local associations and programs, including Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Orchestra Association, Perimeter Institute, Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation, University of Guelph, United Way Waterloo Region Communities and Grand River Conservation Foundation
KITCHENER-WATERLOO, ON, Nov. 21, 2017 /CNW/ - BMO Financial Group today announced that it has committed more than $5.8 million to neighbourhood programs throughout the Kitchener-Waterloo region in 2017 to help mark the bank's bicentennial.
Several leading community organizations will benefit from the BMO donations in 2017 as a part of individual projects or multi-year pledges, including contributions to:
- Perimeter Institute - $4 million towards the establishment of the BMO Newton Chair, a private core funding program to attract additional funding partners. It is the largest single donation ever made by BMO, and will support science and technology in Canada
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation - $360,000 towards the capital campaign and new outdoor courtyards
- University of Guelph - $1.25 million to help the University's efforts to sustain and grow the agricultural bio-economy
- Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Orchestra - $60,000 over three years as Podium Sponsor
"We are so pleased to cap off our bicentennial year through these local pledges, that truly reinforce the bank's legacy of giving back," said Julie Barker-Merz, Senior Vice President, South Western Ontario Division, BMO Bank of Montreal. "The diverse organizations and programs that these donations and pledges will benefit are ones that will continue to have a positive impact on the communities where we do business for years to come."
For a look back at all the #BMO200 wishes and help given this year, visit http://bit.ly/2zamSq0 and join the conversation on social.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, and currently marking its 200th year of operations, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $709 billion as of July 31, 2017, and more than 45,000 employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
For further information: Media Contacts: Michelle Agnelo, Toronto, firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 867-3996, Web: www.bmo.com, Twitter: @BMOmedia