- Donations will be granted to University of Manitoba, Health Sciences Centre Foundation, The Manitoba Museum and Winnipeg Art Gallery, among others
- During this year as part of #BMO200, the bank invites Canadians to wish it forward in big and small ways at www.BMO200.com
WINNIPEG, Oct. 5, 2017 /CNW/ - BMO Financial Group announced today that it is donating over $3.98 million to neighborhood programs throughout Manitoba to help celebrate the bank's 200th year in business, including over $2.5 million in Winnipeg.
Several leading community organizations will benefit from the BMO donations in 2017 as a part of individual projects or multi-year pledges, including contributions to:
- University of Manitoba - $1MM towards establishing the BMO Financial Group Indigenous Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships
- Health Sciences Centre Foundation - $250,000 in support of the new Centre for Surgical Innovation
Continued support of local Arts & Culture includes:
- The Manitoba Museum - $250,000 in support of the Bringing our Stories Forward campaign
- Winnipeg Art Gallery - $1MM in support of the new Inuit Art Learning Centre
"We are tremendously proud of our partnerships in Manitoba, and the help that we are able to provide to initiatives in the Winnipeg community and across the province," said John MacAulay, Senior Vice President Prairies & Central Canada, BMO Bank of Montreal. "The programs that the bank is investing in are fitting to mark our bicentennial because they truly set the tone for the work we hope to continue for the next 200 years."
Mr. MacAulay also noted the bank's BMO200 donations that help admirable BMO customers across the country execute their personal giving back endeavours. For instance, Winnipeg bank employees joined local resident Amber Fox for her annual yard sale fundraiser – supporting her Winnipeg animal rescue company, Funds for Pets.
"Spotlighting and supporting these local organizations helps bring awareness to the great work going on by our neighbours and customers, and hopefully encourages others to join us or find their own meaningful way to give back," said Mr. MacAulay. "Working with customers like Amber reminds us all that the most important aspect of our legacy is the people who have helped us and continue to shape it."
To make a wish, please visit BMO200.com.
To learn more about Amber's story & Funds for Pets, click here.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, and currently marking its 200th year of operations, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $709 billion as of July 31, 2017, and more than 45,000 employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
For further information: Media Contacts: Michelle Agnelo, Toronto, [email protected], (416) 867-3996