Open-concept location to offer more opportunities for advice-based banking
EDMONTON and CALGARY, July 12, 2018 /CNW/ - BMO Bank of Montreal has opened its first two Smart Branches in Alberta – in Edmonton and Calgary – as part of the bank's rollout of the new format in Canada.
The new branch formats, which have also been introduced in the U.S. by BMO, provide a new and engaging banking environment that brings together advice-based services and the latest in digital experiences, and are located at:
- Whyte Ave and 104th St – Edmonton, AB
- Shaganappi Trail – Calgary, AB
"Our customers' expectations are changing, and the need for efficient and digitally driven day-to-day banking experiences continues to increase," said Susan Brown, Senior Vice President, Alberta and Northwest Territories Division, BMO Bank of Montreal. "Our customers now have the option to handle simpler transactions on their own, while also benefiting from the assistance of branch staff for more complex financial needs such as mortgages and investment products. Smart Branches conveniently provide both of these options in a single location."
The new Smart Branch format is a reflection of BMO's commitment to investing in both its digital and physical channels to enhance every customer touch point, and features the following:
- Smaller square footage and an open concept design without service lineups or teller counters – creating an environment where customers can have more relaxed and open conversations about their financial needs
- Self-Check-in Hubs, which alert branch staff via instant message when a customer arrives for an appointment, including the specific reason – making the experience more convenient and less time consuming for customers
- ATMs that offer the option of selecting money denomination when withdrawing funds
- Bankers equipped with laptops and tablets to help customers with the new bank technology and provide assistance with their financial needs
- Free Wi-Fi available for customers
Ms. Brown added that the new Smart Branches are located in areas where demand for branch level service is growing, and that both locations present a great opportunity for BMO to modernize the in-branch experience.
To find the nearest BMO branch, please visit https://branchlocator.bmo.com/
About BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider – the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $744 billion as of April 30, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
For further information: Media Contacts: Matthew Duffin, Toronto - [email protected] | 416-867-3996