TORONTO, March 24, 2020 /CNW/ - To stand behind Canadian businesses, BMO has introduced measures to help Canadian businesses experiencing financial pressures as a result of COVID-19.
"We are the bank for business, and that means standing behind clients in both good times and challenging ones," said Erminia (Ernie) Johannson, Group Head, North American Personal and Business Banking, BMO Financial Group. "The financial challenges that have developed as a result of COVID-19 are placing a strain, especially, on small businesses across Canada."
In support of Canadian businesses, BMO is introducing dedicated relief measures including:
- Deferral of payment on small business credit cards and credit lines
- Payment deferral on the principal of a small business loan
- Increases on small business operating lines to help with short-term working capital. For clients requesting an increase on an operating line, BMO may advance payroll to help ensure consistency with employee pay
- Tailored relief programs for other businesses, which may include payment deferrals on loans, lines of credit and access to additional working capital
- One-on-one advice on business plans and options to overcome any liquidity concerns, for medium-sized businesses
Ms. Johannson further highlighted that BMO is prepared to act quickly based on policy decisions being implemented by federal and provincial governments in the response to COVID-19.
"Along with our industry peers, we stand ready to help implement policy remedies that will improve liquidity, strengthen resiliency and support Canadian business growth," said Ms. Johannson.
For further information on relief measures or for assistance, clients are encouraged to reach out to their Relationship Managers. BMO is also advising clients to sign up for Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Online Banking for Business, as applicable. BMO online and digital capabilities are free, easy to use, and provide complete access 24/7.
For any BMO updates on COVID-19, please visit https://www.bmo.com/covid19
About BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider - the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $880 billion as of January 31, 2020, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
For further information: Media Contact: James DeCosimo, Toronto, [email protected] | (416) 867-3996