OTTAWA, July 2, 2013 /CNW/ - BluMetric Environmental Inc. (TSX-V: BLM) is pleased to announce it now has an office in Barrie, Ontario, to service the environmental demands of The City of Barrie and Simcoe County, one of the fastest growing regions in Ontario.
In June, BluMetric bought the business and hired the employees of Vicinia Corporation, a Barrie-based environmental health and safety company owned by Christopher Hauschild, with several employees and ongoing contracts with both government and industry clients; this will now constitute the Barrie BluMetric office. In the past, Vicinia has worked jointly with BluMetric on professional service contracts as well as wastewater treatment plants in Simcoe County and Muskoka District.
The Barrie BluMetric office will continue to provide existing services, such as:
- environment, health and safety management
- hazardous material management
- workplace audits and inspections
- environment, health and safety training.
In addition to the services outlined above, Barrie's BluMetric team will offer the following, working closely with BluMetric's Kitchener and Toronto sites:
- hydrogeology and hydrology
- environmental site assessments
- engineering rehabilitation and design
- solid, liquid, hazardous and biomedical waste management
- renewable energy
- waterpower and hydraulic structures
- industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety
- geomatics and data management.
Christopher Hauschild, now office manager for the new BluMetric Barrie location, said, "I jumped at the opportunity to work with this dynamic group of people so that we can introduce a new range of expertise and services to our loyal and well-established client base. BluMetric has a unique attitude toward service delivery - it is large enough to bring comprehensive services to clients, yet it remains innovative and is able to bring leading-edge approaches and technologies to fruition. I'm very excited to have these offerings for existing and new clients."
"Having worked extensively with Chris and his team, we are pleased to welcome them to BluMetric, and know that their expertise and professionalism will add to the strengths we bring to our clients," said William Touzel, CEO of BluMetric. "This marks the opening of BluMetric's tenth office worldwide, and is part of our strategy to strengthen our presence in the Windsor-to-Quebec corridor."
BluMetric delivers sustainable solutions to complex environmental issues. The Company serves clients in many industrial sectors, and at all levels of government, in Canada and abroad.
BluMetric operates through two divisions:
- Professional Services, providing environmental earth sciences and engineering solutions, including contaminated site remediation, water resource management, industrial hygiene, occupational health & safety, and renewable energy. This division also operates under the names "WESA", "Envir-Eau", and "OEL-HydroSys";
- Water, focussing on design-build and pre-engineered product solutions for industrial/commercial water and wastewater treatment needs. This division also operates under the names "WESAtech" and "Seprotech".
More information can be obtained at www.blumetric.ca.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. The TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the information contained herein. Some of the statements in this press release, including those relating to the Company's strategies and other statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or refer to future events or conditions, or that include words such as "expects", "anticipates", "intends", "plans", "believes", "estimates" or similar expressions, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of securities laws. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, the information concerning possible or assumed future results of operations of the Company. These statements are not historical facts but instead represent only the Company's expectations, estimates and projections regarding future events. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update or release any revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this presentation or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as required by law.
SOURCE: BluMetric Environmental Inc.
For further information:
Robin M. Sundstrom
IRonside Investor Relations
Tel: (647) 822-8111