OTTAWA, Jan. 4, 2016 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) is conducting a federal environmental assessment of the proposed Black Point Quarry Project, located in Guysborough County, Nova Scotia.
The Agency invites the public to comment on the draft Environmental Assessment Report, a document that includes the Agency's conclusions and recommendations regarding the potential environmental effects of the project, the proposed mitigation measures, the significance of any remaining adverse environmental effects, and the follow-up program.
The Agency also invites the public to comment on the potential environmental assessment conditions for the project. These potential conditions would become legally binding on the proponent if the Minister of Environment and Climate Change ultimately issues a decision statement indicating that the project may proceed.
This is the last of four opportunities for the public to comment on this project. All comments received will be considered public.
Written comments must be submitted by February 3, 2016 to:
Black Point Quarry Project
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
200-1801 Hollis Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3N4
- Following this final comment period, the Environmental Assessment Report will be finalized and the Minister of Environment and Climate Change will issue an environmental assessment decision statement indicating whether the project is likely to cause significant adverse environmental effects, and identifying the conditions that the proponent must meet with respect to mitigation and follow-up requirements in the event that the project is permitted to proceed.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80064.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Black Point Quarry Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Jessica Sobolov, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-957-0313, [email protected]