BITE INTO STORY TIME: Tips for encouraging reading and storytelling at home
17 Jun, 2013, 08:00 ET
TORONTO, June 17, 2013 /CNW/ - This summer Smucker's® is working with children's author Ted Staunton, author of Puddleman and the Morgan series of books, to help get Canadians excited about reading and storytelling - both easy ways families can have fun and learn together.
There are many ways we can encourage and create excitement about sharing stories with the ones we love. Staunton's favourite ideas for fostering a love of reading include:
- Visit the library. The library is packed with wonderful stories that entice even the most creative of young imaginations. Take advantage of this resource in your community and let your children see you sign out books too - like-parent, like-child!
- Read with your child every day. It's like breakfast - it shouldn't be skipped!
- Make it personal. Check out www.smuckers.ca to learn about the Smucker's Breakfast Time Story promotion. You could win a personalized book written about your family by Ted Staunton and sketched by an award-winning children's illustrator.
- Encourage kids to share their favourite stories about their day in the car, on walks or at the dinner table - and don't forget to share yours too!
- Create a snack-time story book picnic on the living room floor. Smucker's has created some fun (and easy!) recipes based on Staunton's books - check them out at www.smuckers.ca .
The Smucker's Breakfast Time Story Promotion runs from June 5th through to August 6th, and is open to residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence. No purchase is necessary and the selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Entering is simple - Canadians can visit www.smuckers.ca. See the Official Rules for complete details at http://www.smuckers.ca/rules-regulation.aspx
The winner will have a professionally bound book written by Ted about their own family. This one-of-a-kind story will also be sketched by an award-winning children's illustrator. It will be a special keepsake that will surely become a story time favourite in any household. As of June 17th, Canadians can also visit the spreads aisle in their local grocery store to pick-up a special story booklet to learn more about the Promotion.
SOURCE: Smucker's Equity
For further information:
For more details or high res images, contact:
[email protected] / 416-969-2705
Environics Communications Inc.
Share this article