SAN JOSE, CA, Oct. 10, 2012 /CNW/ - The BIOMEDevice tradeshow event returns to San Jose, Ca featuring a new conference program and software development workshop. BIOMEDevice San Jose Conference is set to take place December 4-5, 2012. It will feature targeted networking and educational sessions led by top med-tech innovators and medical device OEMs to inspire next-generation medical devices and offer practical solutions through each stage of the design and development process. A new program will offer more in-depth analysis of industry trends, new technologies and resources for med-tech startups. BIOMEDevice a MD&M is produced in association with MD+DI.
"Now is a critical time for healthcare across the globe," states Brian Buntz, Conference Chair and Editor at Large at MD+DI magazine. "The demand for medical technologies in emerging markets is surging, the influence of digital technologies on healthcare is reinventing how medicine is practiced, and the status quo of healthcare in the United States is crumbling. In light of all this, we need innovation. And if there was ever a geographical region that really gets what innovation is all about, it is Silicon Valley. Still, the challenges of bringing a game-changing medical device to market are legion."
In response to these challenges, "the BIOMEDevice San Jose Conference has been designed to help simplify the process by providing attendees with access to information on everything from regulatory changes in the U.S. and Europe and product development. " A comprehensive speaker faculty will give attendees direct access to hear best practices of medical device development and to learn from those involved in developing the cutting-edge technologies which are shaping the future of healthcare delivery.
Notable speakers include:
- Sean Macleod, President of Stratos and Todd Thompson, VP of Corporate Development at Proteus Digital Health - speaking on the "Consumerization of Healthcare: Embracing the convergence of health and technology in a consumer-drive marketplace"
- Stacey Chang, Associate Partner and Director of Health and Wellness at IDEO and Eric Bergman, Director of Human Factors Engineering at Lifescan, J&J looking at human factors regulatory requirements and human factors in design
- Ibim Tariah, Technical Director at BSI Group outlining the new regulatory guidelines in Europe in the session "Recast of the EU Directives"
- Roger Narayan, Professor Materials Science and Engineering at North Carolina University presenting on the use of 3D Printing technology in tissue engineering
- Lisa Suennen, Founder and Managing Member at Psilos, a healthcare investment firm, participating in a panel on "Funding and resources for med-tech startups" and leading an interactive session and guide to elevator pitches
The Conference being hosted concurrently with the BIOMEDevice San Jose exposition where thousands of medical device OEMs attend and meet with over 300 contract service providers and suppliers. Exposition highlights include complimentary technology presentations and networking opportunities.
BIOMEDevice San Jose Conference offers a full two-day program, which allows attendees the opportunity to gain essential insights on medical device development from concept to market. New featured sessions include:
- Shifting Dynamics between patient and healthcare provider and the future of medical devices
- Innovation showcase: Start-up innovations in medical device technology
- Best practices for medical device design and development
- Scale-up strategies from R&D to commercialization
- Globalization of medical devices: Regulatory and clinical considerations in a global market
Registration for BIOMEDevice San Jose 2012 is now open. Visit http://www.BIOMEDevicesanjose.com to register. Use code MG
Medical Device + Diagnostic Industry (MD+DI) is a magazine and information resource exclusively for original equipment manufacturers of medical devices and in vitro diagnostic products. For more than 30 years, MD+DI has been the leading industry source of in-depth news and information to help industry professionals develop, design, and manufacture medical products that comply with complex and demanding regulations and market requirements. Please visit http://www.mddionline.com for more information.
About BIOMEDevice San Jose
BIOMEDevice is a unique forum bringing together world-class medical device designers, engineers, researchers and manufacturers to share perspectives and innovations in medical device design. The speakers will address the current critical issues surrounding the medical device industry and focuses solely on the design and development of a medical device through a carefully structured series of interactive case studies, technology sessions, panel debates and keynote presentations.
To see full program and confirmed speakers and to register please visit:
SOURCE: UBM Conferences
For further information:
For any inquiries regarding the event please contact: