Biggest sale of the year starts online at BestBuy.ca on Dec. 24th at 7:00 p.m. EST/ 4:00 p.m. PST
BURNABY, BC, Dec. 23, 2015 /CNW/ - The most wonderful time of the year is here, and capping the season is Best Buy Canada's annual Boxing Day sale. Beginning online on December 24 at 7:00 p.m. EST/ 4:00 p.m. PST, Canadians can get access to the year's best deals on consumer electronics and beyond.
Best Buy's Blue Shirt elves want to ensure everyone gets what is on their wish list as the Boxing Week sale kicks off, so is offering some tips and tricks for a successful Boxing experience.
"A record number of Canadians – one third of our population – shopped with us during the Black Friday weekend sale, which caused a temporary delay at the start of the sale," said Brendan Toupin, director of eCommerce, Best Buy Canada. "We've been working hard to prep our site for our annual Boxing Day Sale and invite Canadians to also get ready for the busiest and biggest sale of the year."
Best Buy Canada's top five tips for a successful Boxing Day experience:
- Get excited. If shopping online, remember you are shopping alongside the entire country and that Best Buy's Boxing Day sale is the busiest of the year, both in site visits and transactions. Much like you might wait in line at a store during a busy shopping sale, a similar check-out queue forms on BestBuy.ca. Hold your spot by waiting patiently for your turn to check-out. If you are waiting in line watching the status bar update, multi-task with something festive to pass the time, such as pouring a fresh glass of egg nog.
- Explore the web only deals. View the e-flyer online and discover the web exclusive deals spanning electronics and even furniture. Begin the focus on offers only available on December 24 and 25, as well as during Boxing Week.
- Plan the shopping route. Make BestBuy.ca your first shopping stop on December 24 at 7:00 p.m. EST/ 4:00 p.m. PST after the sale starts. If you are hitting the pavement on December 26, consider making a Best Buy store the first visit given the majority of stores are opening as early as 6:00 a.m. local time for the annual sale.
- Shop online and in-store. BestBuy.ca is leading off the Boxing Week sale on December 24, with door crasher deals online. If the item is sold out, visit a local store and take advantage of the second chance to buy the item in person.
- Save time and create an account online. Visit BestBuy.ca – ideally before December 24 – and create a customer profile. Include shipping and payment information and save this information so it is ready the next time you are ready to shop. If you already have an account, confirm the most up-to-date information is saved.
Fun facts about Best Buy Canada's annual Boxing Day Sale on BestBuy.ca:
- This is BestBuy.ca's 13th annual online Boxing Day sale.
- Despite seeing record numbers during the Black Friday weekend and on Cyber Monday – one-third of Canadians visited BestBuy.ca – web traffic and sales reign supreme on Boxing Day.
- Based on weekend online site visitation during Black Friday, the line-up of customers frequenting BestBuy.ca would have stretched from Vancouver to Toronto and back again – nearly 9,000 kms. The Boxing Week sale on BestBuy.ca is anticipated to surpass this distance.
- If the boxes are stacked atop of each other, the number of packages shipped from this year's Black Friday's sale compare to the height of Mount Logan, Canada's tallest mountain. Boxing Day packages shipped this year will eclipse that height.
For more information and to view this year's deals, visit www.BestBuy.ca/BoxingDay.
About Best Buy Canada
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY), Best Buy Canada Ltd. is one of Canada's largest and most successful omni-channel retailers, operating the Best Buy, Best Buy Mobile and Geek Squad (www.geeksquad.ca) brands. With nearly 200 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores across Canada, and an expanded assortment of lifestyle products offered through BestBuy.ca, Best Buy is a leader in Total Retail, catering to customers how, when, and where they want to shop. Best Buy Canada is committed to making a positive impact in the community with programs and partnerships that support youth to connect with technology to advance their education. For more information visit BestBuy.ca.
SOURCE Best Buy Canada
For further information: Elliott Chun, Best Buy Canada, E: [email protected], P: 604-412-1764