Interactive launch party activities will be held at the Bay and Dundas
Best Buy store in Toronto and at the Cambie Best Buy store in Vancouver
BURNABY, BC, Nov. 3 /CNW/ - Best Buy, Canada's fastest growing retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, will be launching the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at midnight openings at all Best Buy stores nationwide (8 a.m in Quebec on Tuesday, November 10, 2009).
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the sixth installment of the Call of Duty series and the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Attendees of the launch parties and midnight launches are encouraged to dress up as their favourite characters from the Call of Duty game and fill in a ballot for the chance to win a Call of Duty XBOX 360 console.
Launch party details:
From 9:00 p.m through 11:59 pm on November 9, 2009, launch parties will be held at the Bay and Dundas Best Buy store in Toronto and at the Cambie Best Buy store in Vancouver. Launch party activities include:
- Be one of the first to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with
XBOX 360 street teams
- Dress up in costume for a chance to win a $500 Best Buy gift card
- Additional Call of Duty XBOX 360 console given away on site at each
launch party store
- 50 limited Prestige Edition games available at each launch party
- Monster Hitman energy drink street teams on site
Midnight opening details:
Midnight openings for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be held on
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 12:01 a.m. for approximately one hour (Quebec
stores will open at 8 a.m on Tuesday, November 10, 2009)
- Enter to win one of five Call of Duty XBOX 360 consoles
- A minimum of 15 limited Prestige Edition games will be available at
- First 75 customers at each store receive a free four-pack Monster
Hitman energy drink
- Media can capture the Call of Duty excitement including shots of Call
of Duty-themed interactive activities with excited gaming enthusiasts
- Gaming enthusiasts will be invited by Call of Duty street teams to
participate in military-style recon games with night vision goggles,
military drills and target practice
- Interviews with hard-core, dressed up Call of Duty fans who line up
to be one of the first to purchase a copy of the game
About Best Buy Canada
Best Buy stores in Canada are a division of Burnaby, BC-based Best Buy Canada Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY). Best Buy is Canada's fastest-growing retailer and e-tailer (www.BestBuy.ca) of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products and also operates Geek Squad (www.GeekSquad.ca), a technology service provider specializing in computer support, home theatre installation, network, car audio, video and navigation systems. There are more than 60 Best Buy stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Best Buy offers consumers a unique shopping experience with the latest technology and entertainment products, at the right price, with a no-pressure (non-commissioned) sales environment. The Company is committed to kids and its local communities and has a comprehensive community relations program described at www.BestBuy.ca/community.
SOURCE Best Buy Canada
For further information: For further information: Danielle Jang, Communications Manager, Best Buy Canada, Office: (604) 412-1880, Cell: (604) 562-5631, email@example.com