LAKE LOUISE, AB, Nov. 21, 2017 /CNW/ - The 2017 Bennett Jones Lake Louise World Cup Business Forum takes place November 24 at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. In its 15th year, this exclusive event brings together thought leaders to engage in discussions on current issues, while supporting some of the world's greatest athletes in the first World Cup Downhill of the ski season and the only World Cup ski race outside of Europe to join the ranks of the famous Club 5 Ski Classics.
Focused on the theme of Navigating Disruption, this year's program features leading experts on the economy, energy, technology and government to discuss challenges and opportunities in an era of rapid change.
"Today's rapid pace of change is breathtaking with many disruptive elements that are profoundly unsettling for individuals and businesses," says Perry Spitznagel, Vice-Chairman and Managing Partner of Bennett Jones' Calgary office. "Many of the changes we are facing are structural and impact entire industries and economies. Understanding and navigating through these changes is the test of our times."
Business Forum speakers for 2017 include:
- David Dodge, former Governor of the Bank of Canada
- Siegfried Kiefer, Chief Strategy Officer, ATCO Ltd. & Canadian Utilities Limited and President, Canadian Utilities Limited
- Todd Roberts, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Payments & Innovation, CIBC
- Judy Fairburn, Executive Vice-President, Safety & Chief Digital Officer, Cenovus
- Gary Kovacs, Former CEO and Managing Director of AVG Technologies, Board Member, Advisor, Technologist
- Susan le Jeune d'Allegeershecque CMG, British High Commissioner to Canada
- Peter Tertzakian, Executive Director, ARC Energy Research Institute
- Hon. John R. Baird, P.C., Former Federal Minister (Foreign Affairs, Environment, Transport & Infrastructure)
For more information, please visit: https://lakelouisebusinessforum.com
The morning session is open to media, with limited space. One-on-one interviews are subject to speaker availability. To obtain media access or schedule an interview, please contact Gillian McCormack.
About Bennett Jones
Bennett Jones is one of Canada's premier business law firms and home to more than 380 lawyers and business advisors in nine offices. With deep experience in complex transactions and litigation matters, the firm is well equipped to advise foreign businesses and investors with Canadian ventures, and connect Canadian businesses and investors with opportunities around the world.
SOURCE Bennett Jones
For further information: Media contact: Gillian McCormack, Regional Director, Business Development (Western Canada), Bennett Jones, T: 403 298 3085 | C: 403 561 0922, E: email@example.com, W: www.bennettjones.com