- All Canadians with access to the Internet can soon enjoy CraveTV's premium TV programming, including HBO and SHOWTIME content -
"CraveTV truly is a TV Addict's dream…CraveTV has everything."
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1M2j89b
TORONTO, July 13, 2015 /CNW/ - Bell Media announced today that its premium TV streaming service CraveTVTM will become available direct to consumers on January 1, 2016. Today's announcement means that the breadth and depth of premium, quality television programming available exclusively on CraveTV will soon also be offered to all Canadians with access to the Internet. More details will follow in the months ahead.
**Media Note** Download photography from CraveTV at BellMediaPR.ca.
"As our business model has continued to evolve, the time is right to also offer CraveTV as a standalone product," said Mary Ann Turcke, President, Bell Media. "We are pleased to provide TV lovers across Canada with full access to the thousands of hours of premium television programming available on CraveTV."
CraveTV is currently available to subscribers of a long list of participating television providers, including Bell, Eastlink, and Telus, via set-top box, mobile apps, the web, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Microsoft Windows 8, and will soon be available via game consoles and Smart TVs.
From TV's most-acclaimed dramas and beloved comedies to documentaries, music, and factual programming, CraveTV features thousands of hours of premium TV programming, representing hundreds of unique titles.
CraveTV provides viewers with the largest collection of premium content in one place, with programming in three categories - exclusive past-season content, featuring back seasons of television's biggest programs currently on air; an extensive and exclusive library, featuring complete catalogues of some of the best TV series that have ever aired; and original series never before seen in Canada. CraveTV features more than 20 curated collections across multiple genres, boasting more than 25,000 episodes from nearly 1300 titles, including:
- the entire off-air library of HBO's iconic programming catalogue, including THE SOPRANOS, THE WIRE, and SEX AND THE CITY, as well as the HBO Films catalogue and HBO stand-up comedy specials;
- hundreds of hours of acclaimed SHOWTIME series and specials, such as THE AFFAIR, RAY DONOVAN, PENNY DREADFUL, HOMELAND, UNITED STATES OF TARA, WEEDS, and NURSE JACKIE;
- an unmatchable comedy slate headlined by CraveTV exclusives SEINFELD and SOUTH PARK, and also including THE BIG BANG THEORY, CHEERS, FRASIER, and CORNER GAS;
- an exclusive Monty Python catalogue featuring every single episode of MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS;
- first-run CraveTV exclusives, including MANHATTAN, BOSCH, and DEADBEAT and SHOWTIME's HAPPYISH;
- the most-watched and most-acclaimed original Canadian primetime scripted programming, featuring SAVING HOPE, MOTIVE, 19-2, FLASHPOINT, and DEGRASSI;
- a Superhero collection headlined by some of the most-watched television programs currently on air, including MARVEL's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., ARROW and, later in 2015, THE FLASH;
- a Sci-Fi & Fantasy collection led by genre blockbusters ORPHAN BLACK and DOCTOR WHO, and featuring all six series comprising the complete STAR TREK TV collection;
- an iconic Music Collection featuring TV programming expressly dedicated to music and its legends, including the upcoming FOO FIGHTERS: SONIC HIGHWAYS and CLASSIC ALBUMS; and
- and CraveTV Original Series like the upcoming comedy LETTERKENNY.
Created for TV lovers and devoted exclusively to television, CraveTV is Canada's premium TV subscription on-demand video streaming service, providing the most robust lineup of superior television content in the country. CraveTV is currently available to customers of Eastlink, TELUS Optik TV, Bell Fibe TV, Bell Satellite TV, Bell Aliant FibreOP TV, Access Communications, Northwestel, SaskTel, Cable Cable, Nexicom, Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, Wightman Telecom subscribers, NRTC Communications, WTC Communications, and Tbaytel. Available through traditional set-top boxes, mobile apps, and the web and CraveTV also supports Apple TV, Chromecast, and Microsoft Windows 8, and will soon be available via game consoles and smart TVs. CraveTV is from Bell Media, Canada's premier multi-media company with more than a decade of leadership delivering Canada's most-watched and most-acclaimed television programming across the Pay, Specialty, and Network TV landscapes. For more on CraveTV, visit www.CraveTV.ca.
For further information: