- Interactive CTV Olympics London 2012 App on Bell Fibe TV offers standings, stats, highlights and more
- Bell Mobile TV customers can access live HD coverage of London 2012 action
- Social media includes "Make it Epic" mobile app lets fans create their own epic videos and the unique Bell 2012 Games Scheduler on Facebook
- Bell's London 2012 Olympic Games marketing campaign supported by 19 original TV commercials and outdoor, print and online advertising
MONTREAL, July 17, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell today announced it will deliver the broadest range of live and on-demand content from the London 2012 Olympic Games to smartphones, tablets, TVs and computer screens, bringing Canadians closer to the Games than ever before.
"London 2012 is the perfect opportunity to showcase Bell's intense investment in world-leading broadband networks and services as we deliver the best live and on-demand Games content to our customers across any screen they may choose," said Wade Oosterman, President of Bell Mobility and Residential Services, and Bell's Chief Brand Officer. "With Bell, the London 2012 experience just got better."
Bell Mobile TV
Bell Mobility customers can access London 2012 content in stunning HD directly on HD-capable superphones, smartphones and tablets with Bell Mobile TV, Canada's leading mobile TV service. Bell Mobile TV will feature:
- Live HD access to Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium channels
- An enhanced Viewers' Guide dedicated to the Games
- More than a hundred daily on-demand highlights
Bell Mobile TV is available for an all-inclusive $5 a month for 10 hours of TV viewing including access to live and on-demand London 2012 Games action. For more, please visit Bell.ca/MobileTV.
Bell Fibe TV
Bell Fibe TV customers will have access to more than 1,100 hours of London 2012 on-demand content including coverage of competitions, Canadian athletes, primetime shows, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Bell is also offering access to the CTV Olympics London 2012 App on Bell Fibe TV, which allows Fibe TV customers to:
- Easily scroll through standings, statistics and top stories
- View live scoreboards
- Sort and watch video highlights related to top stories and specific sports categories
Next-generation Bell Fibe TV offers innovative features such as the exclusive Whole Home PVR, an industry-leading programming guide, fast channel change and a variety of interactive apps including Facebook and Twitter. For more information about Bell Fibe TV and Bell Satellite TV, please visit Bell.ca/TV.
Bell TV's London 2012 Mosaic Channel
To help navigate the wide range of simultaneously occurring Olympic events, Bell Fibe TV and Bell Satellite TV customers will have access to Bell's London 2012 Mosaic Channel. This multi-view channel allows customers to watch up to 5 of the Consortium feeds including CTV and TSN on one screen and quickly tune to the broadcast of their choice.
Bell Internet customers can watch live and on-demand London 2012 content, including live streaming from Bell Media channels CTV, RDS and TSN, highlights and a wide range of related coverage on CTVOlympics.ca, Canada's online destination for London 2012. Bell is Canada's leading Internet provider with more than 3 million customers. For more information, please visit Bell.ca/Internet.
Bell makes it easy to share the London 2012 excitement with two innovative social media offerings:
- The "Bell 2012 Games Scheduler" is an original Facebook utility that helps users navigate the range of London 2012 content by enabling them to see when and on what screen they can watch their favourite events, set alerts and share personal viewing schedules with friends.
- The "Make it Epic" mobile app is an Olympic inspired app that enables customers to create and share their own "epic" moments. Simply shoot some video and use the app to isolate the best 20 to 30 seconds, put the action in slow motion, overlay the "Chariots of Fire" theme, and share with friends. The "Make it Epic" app will be available soon for free download at the App Store and Google Play.
For more information, please visit Bell.ca/London2012.
Bell's multi-screen London 2012 campaign will be supported by a national marketing effort highlighted by 19 original TV commercials as well as out-of-home, print and online advertising.
"Our Olympic campaign will underscore that no matter which communications service you need - TV, Internet or mobile, consumer or business - things are definitely better with Bell," said Rick Seifeddine, Senior Vice President, Brand for Bell. "By highlighting Bell's industry-leading investments in the best network technology and innovative services like Fibe TV and Mobile TV, we're letting Canada know that Bell is on a roll, and we'd like you to join us."
To see examples of Bell's London 2012 marketing campaign, please visit NewsBell.ca.
Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing consumers and business with solutions to all their communications needs: Bell Mobility wireless, high-speed Bell Internet, Bell Satellite TV and Bell Fibe TV, Bell Home Phone local and long distance, and Bell Business Markets IP-broadband and information and communications technology (ICT) services. Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV, Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels.
The Bell Mental Health Initiative is a multi-year charitable program that promotes mental health across Canada via the Bell Let's Talk anti-stigma campaign and support for community care, research and workplace best practices. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
Bell is wholly owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE). For Bell product and service information, please visit Bell.ca. For Bell Media, please visit BellMedia.ca. For BCE corporate information, please visit BCE.ca.
For further information: