Latest book in bestselling series available August 28th
ORLANDO, FL, Aug. 7, 2018 /CNW/ - From conga-dancing dogs and bicycling ballerinas, to "hair"-raising feats of strength and death-defying motorcycle stunts, the newest book from Ripley's Believe It or Not! is sure to delight readers of all ages. Paying homage to the 100th year anniversary of Robert Ripley's first cartoon, A Century of Strange! contains over 1,200 weird-but-true stories from around the world.
The 15th edition in the popular Believe It or Not! series, A Century of Strange! features 256 colourful pages of wild, wonderful and not-to-be-missed stories such as:
- The adorable Pompeyo family and their 18 show dogs that can skip rope, jump from great heights and even dance in a conga line
- Master of impalement arts, The Great Throwdini—the only person in the world known to successfully perform the Veiled Double Wheel of Death stunt
- Strongman Chris "Hairculese" Rider who can pull a car up to .25 miles using just his hair
- Mega motocross star and Nitro Circus founder, Travis Pastrana's successful completion of the world's first barge-to-barge motorcycle back flip
- The over-the-top food creations by "Hellthy" food junkies, JP Lambaise and Julia Goolia
- The artistic cycling talents of Lea Schaepe, who can ride a bike while standing on the handlebars
A Century of Strange! will be available at all major book sellers and on Amazon starting August 28th.
For downloadable page spreads and images, please visit: www.ripleys.com/publishing/newsroom. Review copies, video and further information available on request.
SOURCE Ripley's Believe It or Not!
For further information: MELANIE GRECO, Public Relations, 647-456-2653, [email protected]