TORONTO, May 1, 2014 /CNW/ - The Beer Store has been ranked as the most attractive retail employer in Canada as part of a respected international survey. The annual Randstad Award, presented each year to the most attractive employer in various countries throughout the world, placed Ontario's beer retailer in the national top ten in a group that included Westjet Airlines, IBM Canada and Bombardier.
"I am very pleased that the Beer Store has been selected as a top employer in Canada," said Beer Store President Ted Moroz. "Our high ranking in the Randstad Award survey reflects a corporate culture that puts our employees, customers and our communities first."
The Beer Store placed eighth out of 150 employers, having been ranked tenth the previous two years. Ontario's beer retailer employs 7,000 hard-working Ontarians with well-paying full- and part-time jobs. The 8,500 survey respondents across Canada, which included employees and job-seekers, were selected randomly.
"Excellence, professionalism and a commitment to social responsibility are core values for our colleagues at the Beer Store," said Robert Edwards, President of UFCW Local 12R24, the Beer Store workers union. "This result reaffirms that the Beer Store is a great place to build careers."
The Beer Store was one of only two retailers that placed in the survey's top 20.
About the Randstad Award
The Randstad Award is presented each year to the most attractive employer in various countries throughout the globe. It's not just another prize for the trophy cabinet because the winner is based on the outcome of the world's largest survey into employer branding. And unlike other best employer awards, it is 'the people's choice', based on the views of a representative sample of employees and job-seekers in each of the participating countries. 8,500 respondents per country between the ages of 18 and 65 are asked for their views on a country's 150 largest companies via an online questionnaire. The companies are selected through national statistics agencies. This means they cannot request or subscribe to be included in the survey. The winners are selected solely based on the appeal of their employer brand. Such careful measures ensure that the survey remains completely objective.
About the Beer Store
- Offers customers more than 400 brands, provided by more than 100 brewers and approximately 1 in 5 brands come from small Ontario brewers.
- Is a completely open system that allows any brewer in the world to sell their brands in any store they choose;
- Is deeply committed to responsible sale and not selling to minors and intoxicants. More than 3.6 million customers were challenged in 2013 alone;
- Is one of the greenest retailers in the world and collected more than 1.7 billion beer bottles in 2012-2013 (a 92 per cent return rate) and 300 million wine and spirit containers (a 80 per cent return rate);
- Employs 7,000 hard-working Ontarians with well-paying full and part-time jobs.
SOURCE: The Beer Store
For further information: Jay Armitage, [email protected], 416-645-8174