OTTAWA, Dec. 7, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) commenced a federal environmental assessment for the proposed Beaver Dam Mine Project, located in Marinette, Nova Scotia.
The Agency invites the public to comment on which aspects of the environment may be affected by this project and what should be examined during the environmental assessment, as detailed in the draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Guidelines. Following this comment period, the Agency will finalize and issue the EIS Guidelines to the proponent.
This is the second of four opportunities for the public to comment on this project. All comments received will be considered public.
Written comments must be submitted by January 14, 2016 to:
Beaver Dam Mine Project
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
200-1801 Hollis Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3N4
Email: [email protected]
- The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Guidelines document identifies the potential environmental effects to be taken into consideration and the information and analysis that needs to be included in the proponent's Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80111.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Beaver Dam Mine Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Maja Graham, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-960-1519, [email protected]