Symbol: AZM.TSX Venture
LONGUEUIL, QC, Sept. 13, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Azimut Exploration Inc ("Azimut" or "the Company") (TSXV: AZM) announces that the Company has received encouraging results from its in-fill sampling program performed on the Copperton Zone on its wholly owned Rex South Property in Nunavik, Northern Quebec. The Copperton Zone returned consistent Copper-Gold-Silver grades within a known mineralized envelope measuring 3,500 metres long by 20 to 100 metres wide (see appended map). The next phase of exploration will consist of airborne geophysics and drilling.
A total of 218 grab rock samples were collected along this zone in 2012, mostly from outcrops. Grab samples are selective by nature and unlikely to represent average grades. The best grades include:
- 7.37% Cu, 3.86 g/t Au, 56.9 g/t Ag (sample L253563)
- 2.17% Cu, 9.56 g/t Au, 31.4 g/t Ag (sample L253585)
- 1.19% Cu, 1.96 g/t Au, 11.5 g/t Ag (sample L253742)
- 0.74% Cu, 4.62 g/t Au, 4.46 g/t Ag (sample L253549)
The results for all 273 samples collected from this zone in 2011 and 2012 can be summarized as follows:
- Copper: 91 samples returned grades higher than 0.1% Cu, including 32 samples with grades ranging from 0.5% to 9.28% Cu
- Gold: 89 samples returned grades higher than 0.1 g/t Au, including 19 samples with grades ranging from 1.0 g/t to 9.56 g/t Au
- Silver: 77 samples returned grades higher than 1.0 g/t Ag, including 14 samples with grades ranging from 10.0 g/t to 82.7 g/t Ag
Several samples also returned significant tellurium (up to 38.4 g/t Te) and cobalt values (up to 500 ppm Co). The Copperton Zone's characteristic chalcopyrite and pyrite mineralization is hosted within a variably sheared steeply dipping feldspathic intrusion, amphibolites and gneissic metasediments. It occurs as disseminated mineralization, in veinlets and semi-massive sulphide lenses.
Rock samples were sent to ALS Minerals in Val-d'Or, Quebec, and were assayed using an ICP method. On-site field operations were managed by Azimut's senior project geologist, François Bissonnette, P.Geo. This press release was prepared by geologist Jean-Marc Lulin, P.Geo., acting as Azimut's Qualified Person under NI 43-101.
Azimut is a mineral exploration company with the objective of discovering major ore deposits. The Company's core business is project generation using cutting-edge targeting methodologies, along with partnership development. Azimut holds the largest mineral exploration portfolio in Quebec.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release
SOURCE: AZIMUT EXPLORATION INC.
For further information: