- Mobile-enabled shoppable brochure live in 12 countries, attracting 500,000 users in first 48 hours
- Global Sales Centre of Excellence launched to support 6 million beauty entrepreneurs to grow their businesses
- New team in place to integrate insight-led digitisation across Avon's business model
LONDON, June 27, 2018 /CNW/ -- Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE: AVP) has announced it has reached a series of milestones in its plans to transform the digital capabilities of its Representatives and improve interactions with consumers. Avon is a leading beauty company, and is developing the digital tools necessary to bring customers the latest trends, through the direct, trusted, personal experience of its 6 million strong network of beauty micro-entrepreneurs.
Connecting to the consumer: mobile and e-interactive shoppable brochure
- Avon's global digital platforms and experience team has launched a fully digitised, mobile-enabled e-interactive brochure, allowing Avon Representatives to connect quickly and effectively with their customers by creating an e-enabled personalised shopping cart that can be shared via WhatsApp and Facebook messenger – sending the latest trends and products direct to their mobile.
- Includes in-built and real-time analytics for future enhancement and customisation, making it easier to track best-selling products, individual preferences, and respond to Avon Representative and customer needs.
- Instant messaging brochure is available globally, across six clusters in 12 countries, including Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Russia and Turkey, with three more clusters due to launch soon.
- On launch it received more than 500,000 visitors, with positive feedback from across Avon's network of beauty entrepreneurs.
Investing in growth: new Global Sales Organisation
- Avon's new sales organisation will partner with its markets, focusing on enhancing the Representative experience and service model evolution, Representative segmentation, field sales excellence, commercial optimisation and entry strategies for new territories.
- Data driven insights will be used to tailor the training and incentives that fuel Avon's Representatives, recognising that improving earnings potential, expanding learning opportunities and scaling best practice, is fundamental to achieving the business' targets and its competitiveness.
New Global Sales team in place to integrate insight-led digitization
- Richard Pinnock is transitioning from his current role as Group Vice President for APAC to lead the new team as Group Vice President Global Sales. Richard's team will consist of a targeted group of leading experts to be deployed directly to markets for immediate impact.
Jan Zijderveld, Chief Executive Officer, said: "Digitisation is at the heart of our strategy as we build a new, modern and relevant Avon that is both high-touch and high-tech. We are working intensely to build the right tools to support our 6 million strong network of beauty entrepreneurs to help them provide a personal service to their customers that is underpinned by strong digital capability. This pilot is off to a promising start with huge potential as we implement more broadly."
Avon is the Company that for 130 years has proudly stood for beauty, innovation, optimism and, above all, for women. Avon products include well-recognized and beloved brands such as ANEW, Avon Color, Avon Care, Skin-So-Soft, and Advance Techniques sold through approximately 6 million active independent Avon Sales Representatives. Learn more about Avon and its products at www.avoncompany.com.
SOURCE Avon Products, Inc.
For further information: Brunswick Group, Ammerance Ozioro, +44 (0) 20 7404 5959, http://www.avoncompany.com