Elevate Health and Elevate Cannabis tracks explore how science, finance and entrepreneurship will help shape the future of the global cannabis industry
TORONTO, Sept. 25, 2018 /CNW/ - One of Canada's leading licensed producers, Aurora Cannabis, has partnered with Elevate, Canada's Tech Week, to present a stand-out roster of panel discussions and interactive sessions with innovators and pioneers in the cannabis industry.
As a gold partner of Elevate, Canada's largest tech and innovation festival, Aurora has been instrumental in shaping the Elevate Cannabis and Elevate Health tracks that will feature leading experts in research, medicine, finance and entrepreneurship in the cannabis industry.
"We are thrilled to partner with Elevate this year. This conference is about showcasing Canada as a leader in technology as well as demonstrating a diverse and inclusive society. This is precisely what Aurora stands for – innovation, community, culture," says Paula Whitmore, Director, Partnerships and Events, Aurora. "The line-up of speakers and topics demonstrates our desire to work with different industries to develop innovative solutions and products in the recreational and medical environments."
Aurora and Elevate are pleased to announce a diverse group of thought leaders throughout the Elevate Cannabis and Elevate Health tracks, including:
- Dr. Jonathan Page: Co-founder of Anandia Laboratories Inc., a pioneer in the cannabis field who co-led the Canadian team that first sequenced the cannabis genome. His work has helped discover the biochemical pathway of the major cannabinoids.
- Dr. Kelly Narine: Vice-President of Research, Aurora is leading meaningful, robust research and clinical studies to generate more evidence for the medical uses of cannabis and looking at real-world outcomes globally.
- Tarren Wolfe: Co-founder of BC Northern Lights and Urban Cultivator, leaders in the commercial and residential hydroponic industry that make growing sustainable, organic cannabis, herbs and vegetables accessible to all.
- Brandi Leifso: A 28-year old powerhouse who launched a socially conscious brand of green beauty products with a mission to break stigmas. In collaboration with Aurora, she'll be launching a line of CBD-infused skincare.
- Jess Latimer: Director of Software Engineering, Aurora, launched the world’s first e-commerce cannabis app and founded Canlio, a platform to provide education, lab-testing and transparency to cannabis users. Jess has been instrumental in developing Aurora’s e-commerce relationship with Shopify.
- Marc Lakmaaker: Vice President of Investor Relations, Aurora, brings nearly 20 years of capital markets experience in investor relations, corporate finance and organizational management. He develops strategies to help match capital markets activities with corporate objectives, as well as build investor and corporate brand equity.
Elevate Cannabis and Elevate Health are taking place at The Carlu, 444 Yonge St, 7th Floor, Toronto, on September 26, 2018. Elevate Cannabis opens at 8.30 a.m. and Elevate Health opens at 9 a.m.
For information about the Elevate, Canada's Tech week visit www.elevatetechfest.com.
Aurora Cannabis is a Canadian company that's redefining the thriving cannabis space. As one of the world's largest federally licensed, medical cannabis companies, Aurora is committed to providing its patients with the highest standard of product quality, customer service and affordable pricing, while removing barriers to access. A progressive leader, using innovative technologies and state-of-the-art facilities, the company cultivates and produces exceptional, high quality, safe medical cannabis available on the market. Its growing constellation of subsidiaries and strategic partners provides global reach, product choice and first-class delivery. Find out how Aurora is helping shape the future of cannabis at www.auroramj.com.
@Aurora_MMJ | Facebook: @aurorammj | Instagram: aurora_mmj | Hashtag: #auroraeverywhere
SOURCE Aurora Cannabis Inc.