AJAX, ON, Aug. 21, 2014 /CNW/ - As myriad artists, actors, musicians and cultural icons prepare to descend upon the city this September in the spirit of celebrating the art of film, world leader in the design and production of luxury automobiles Audi Canada announces its 2014 event lineup.
With a long-standing commitment to the promotion and support of the arts within Canada, the brand readies to be both a highly visible and distinct presence during the internationally recognized cinematic festival. Audi Canada is very proud to present private and exclusive gala events feting the studios, producers, directors, casts and their special guests for the following Toronto International Film Festival presentations:
- The Judge - Directed by David Dobkin; Starring Robert Downey Jr., Robert Duvall, Vera Farmiga, Vincent D'Onofio, Jeremy Strong, Dax Shepard and Billy Bob Thornton, a Warner Bros. Pictures Release.
- The Good Lie - Directed by Philippe Falardeau; Starring Reese Witherspoon, Arnold Oceng, Ger Duany, Emmanuel Jal, Corey Stoll, Kuoth Wiel. A presentation of Alcon Entertainment, Imagine Entertainment and Black Label Media, a Warner Bros. Pictures Release.
- This Is Where I Leave You - Directed by Shawn Levy; Starring Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Adam Driver, Rose Byrne, Corey Stoll, Kathryn Hahn and Jane Fonda, a Warner Bros. Pictures Release.
- The Theory of Everything - Directed by James Marsh; Starring Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Charlie Cox. A Focus Features Release.
- PRIDE, a CBS Films release, is directed by Matthew Warchus. Starring Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton, Dominic West, Paddy Considine, Andrew Scott, Joseph Gilgun, George MacKay and Ben Schnetzer.
In addition, Audi Canada will be a co-sponsor for the annual Artists for Peace and Justice 2014 Festival Gala, which supports the charity heralded by Paul Haggis.
For more information about Audi Canada's 2014 event lineup and access to exclusive photos from the brand's private gala events, please contact:
The Audi Group delivered approximately 1,575,500 cars of the Audi brand to customers in 2013. As one of the most successful models, the Audi A3 has been awarded the title of "World Car of the Year 2014" by an international jury of journalists (combined fuel consumption in l/100 km: 7.1 – 3.2; combined CO2 emissions in g/km: 165 – 85). In 2013, the company reported revenue of €49.9 billion and an operating profit of €5.03 billion. The company operates globally in more than 100 markets and has production facilities in Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm (Germany), Győr (Hungary), Brussels (Belgium), Bratislava (Slovakia), Martorell (Spain), Kaluga (Russia), Aurangabad (India), Changchun (China) and Jakarta (Indonesia). Since the end of 2013, the brand with the Four Rings has also been producing cars in Foshan (China). In 2015, Audi will start production in São José dos Pinhais (Brazil), followed by San José Chiapa (Mexico) in 2016. Wholly owned subsidiaries of AUDI AG include quattro GmbH (Neckarsulm), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. (Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy) and Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. (Bologna, Italy), the sports motorcycle manufacturer. The company currently employs more than 73,500 people worldwide, of which more than 52,500 in Germany. Total investment of around €22 billion is planned from 2014 to 2018 – primarily in new products and sustainable technologies. Audi is committed to its corporate responsibility and has anchored the principle of sustainability for its products and processes in its strategy. The long-term goal is CO2-neutral mobility.
SOURCE: Audi Canada Inc.
For further information: Audi Canada Public Relations, Cort Nielsen, Tel: +416.918.4283, Email: [email protected]