EDMONTON, Jan. 29, 2018 /CNW/ - After 11 years as President & CEO, Dave Mowat will be retiring from ATB Financial effective June 30, 2018.
"It's been an amazing 11 years with a company I love. I'm incredibly proud of what we've been able to achieve, not only in terms of growing our business and the number of Albertans we serve, but also building a company that's loved and respected by Albertans. We do an outstanding job of serving communities across the province and I'm especially proud of the fact that we're consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in Canada," said Mowat.
Mowat added that the company is in capable hands with an outstanding board and a leadership team that's second to none.
Board Chair, Brian Hesje, indicated that a search process will begin immediately with plans to announce Dave's successor in May 2018.
"Dave is a visionary leader and he has been instrumental in transforming ATB from a more traditional financial institution to an innovative, forward-thinking company that's constantly developing new and better ways to serve our customers," said Hesje. "He's certainly guided the company through some challenging times and, while we'll definitely miss his leadership, we're in a strong position to build on the foundation he's put in place, especially with the team of people at ATB."
In Dave's view, 10 years as the CEO of a major company like ATB is the right amount of time for any executive leader to be in place. "After that, it's time to infuse the company with new ideas and approaches. We have incredible plans in place and a new leader can not only build on them but make them even better. That's the critical role leaders play and I'm confident that the next leader for ATB will do just that."
Dave plans to stay active both in business and in a variety of community causes, something he's passionate about.
ATB then & now
2007 - $20.3 B
Now* - $49.6B
Total operating revenue
2007 - $751 M
Now** - $1.5 B
2007 - $18.3 B
Now* - $33.0 B
2007 - $17.0 B
Now* - $42.3 B
ATB Investor Services assets under administration
2007 - $3.7 B
Now* - $17.6 B
Employee engagement scores
2007 - 68%
Now** - 89%
Number of team members
2007 - 4,145
Now* - 5,175
Number of customers
2007 - 600,000
Now* - 740,125
Number of ATB locations (branches & agencies)
2007 - 288
Now - 314
* as of September 30, 2017
** as of March 31, 2017
Corporate donations & sponsorships
$72 M + (since 2007)
Over the years, ATB has raised:
- $9.1 M for 10 United Way agencies across Alberta
- $9 M for the Stollery and Alberta Children's Hospitals
- Implemented a world-class banking system
- Stick-handled ATB through the worst financial crisis since the Depression
- Spearheaded Four Directions Financial, an innovative approach to help vulnerable people
- Entered into a unique partnership with Cashco Financial for underserved Albertans
- Migrated ATB from a mission, vision & values framework to the ATB Story
- Recognized as Glassdoor's Top CEO in Canada, 2016
- Recognized as Alberta's Business Person of the Year, 2014
- Received the Executive Ally Award for support of LGBTQ+ community, 2017
- Led Alberta's royalty review
- Trained and socialized Vaughn, a black lab, for Dogs With Wings
- Rallied a city to light the High Level Bridge
SOURCE ATB Financial
For further information: For information or interview requests please contact: Michelle Stead, Senior Content Editor, ATB Financial, 587-987-4213, firstname.lastname@example.org