Dynamic Airways commences direct service from New York to Georgetown
MANCHESTER, England, June 27, 2014 /CNW/ - A new air service started 26 June 2014 connecting Georgetown, Guyana, with New York, USA, on a 4 times weekly all year round basis. This direct route is operated on-board a B767-200(ER) by an American carrier - Dynamic Airways, whose CEO, Paul Kraus, announced that the carrier is undergoing a phase of expansion.
As it currently stands, Dynamic is the only US carrier to serve the route, which has attracted much interest from Caribbean based airlines. Earlier this year, the US Department of Transportation rejected seventh-freedom applications from Caribbean Airlines (BW, Port of Spain) and Fly Jamaica Airways (OJ, Kingston Norman Manley) to service the route. New York is the most in-demand route from Georgetown, Guyana, where nearly a quarter of a million Guyanese reside.
Ramesh Ghir, Chief Executive Officer of Cheddi Jagan International Airport Corporation that manages the main airport in Guyana, located in Georgetown, commented: "We are very happy and excited that Dynamic Airways has decided to provide airlift to Guyana. Aviation is an extremely competitive industry, and to ensure Guyana makes significant strides we partnered with ASM to market the GEO route. I was privileged to be part of the negotiating team that courted Dynamic Airways, and I am confident that this successful collaboration will continue way into the future. The interest shown by the airline to ply the Guyana route will augur well for us economically and it cements the argument that an expansion of our airport facility is vital as we push to court more airlines."
Dynamic airways is committed to Guyana's market, supported by the Guyanese Government, and plans to operate further underserved /unserved routes from the Guyanese capital. The carrier has already recruited 50 local flight attendants creating an indirect positive contribution to the local economy of over 100 jobs. ASM, part of UBM Live is a UK based route development adviser that highlighted the opportunity to the American carrier and brokered the deal on behalf of Cheddi Jagan International Airport.
David Stroud, Managing Director, ASM provided further insight: "We are delighted to be part of the team that helped to establish this direct service to New York from Guyana. There is a large Guyanese diaspora living in New York and New Jersey states, who will now benefit from reliable all year round air service to Georgetown. We expect this direct route will considerably stimulate the tourism flows into Guyana and bring significant wider economic benefits to the country."
Notes to Editors
- Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd was founded in 1995 as the world route development consultants. http://www.asm-global.com
- ASM was the founding company of Routes which organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
Follow us on twitter:
@ASM_Ltd, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @airlineroute
SOURCE: UBM Live ASM Ltd
For further information: Victoria Jones, Communications Manager, Routes, T: +44(0)161-234-2730, E: [email protected]