- Hosted by Kendall and Kylie Jenner, the 2014 MMVAs air live on Much and CTV, June 15 -
- ALL ACCESS PASS: ETALK AT THE MMVAs premieres June 14 on CTV -
- MMVAs confirmed to air on Hulu in the U.S. -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1kYhV6S
TORONTO, June 11, 2014 /CNW/ - Much HQ is set to reach the boiling point as the 2014 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS confirms its final roster of killer presenters for Sunday's iconic street party. The lineup includes appearances by indie rockers Arkells, rap-rockers Down With Webster, pop-punk sensation Fefe Dobson, MAD MEN starlet Kiernan Shipka, BITTEN's sexy werewolf Laura Vandervoort, platinum-selling, jazz-pop ingénue Nikki Yanofsky, Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban, and multi-platinum, singer-songwriter Serena Ryder.
The final roster of 2014 MMVAs presenters are:
- Indie rockers Arkells
- Kick-Ass actress Chloë Grace Moretz
- ARROW star Colton Haynes
- Rap-rockers Down with Webster
- Pop-punk sensation Fefe Dobson
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire star Jena Malone
- Twilight actor Kellan Lutz
- MAD MEN starlet Kiernan Shipka
- BITTEN's sexy werewolf Laura Vandervoort
- Pop-rockers Marianas Trench
- International sensation Mia Martina
- Platinum-selling, jazz-pop ingénue Nikki Yanofsky
- Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban
- Multi-platinum, singer-songwriter Serena Ryder
- Breakthrough hip-hop artist SonReal
- Multi-talented sweetheart Victoria Duffield
- Global phenom and edgy enigma The Weeknd
The final roster of 2014 MMVAs performers are:
- Pop diva Ariana Grande
- U.K. singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran
- Multi-platinum hit-makers Hedley
- Alternative rockers Imagine Dragons
- Retro-electro dance starlet Kiesza
- Reigning pop royalty Lorde
- Rock-reggae collective MAGIC!
- Perennial rockers Sam Roberts Band
- Indie-pop rising star Virginia To Vegas, performing with breakout songstress Alyssa Reid
On Saturday, June 14 and Sunday, June 15 at 5:30 p.m. ET, CTV gets fans prepped for the big show with ALL ACCESS PASS: ETALK AT THE MMVAS. The 30-minute special celebrates ETALK's annual coverage of the MMVAs with a look back at the best interviews, favourite hosts, hottest performances, and best fashion. Interviews include Drake, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Psy, LMFAO, Carly Rae Jepsen and, of course, Justin Bieber.
Then, on Sunday, the MMVA frenzy is in full swing, with the 2014 MMVAs RED CARPET SPECIAL on Sunday, June 15 at 8 p.m. ET, exclusively on Much and live streamed on much.ca, followed by the live show at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, simulcast on Much, CTV, and CTV GO, and streamed on much.ca. For the first time ever, fans can choose from an unprecedented six options during the live streamed broadcast, providing various angles and key vantage points, including backstage.
In addition, American viewers can rejoice as the MMVAs are now confirmed to air on Hulu, the online, subscription-based video streaming service in the U.S, throughout June and beyond, with exact airdates to be confirmed.
For a full list of the 2014 MMVA nominees, click here.
** Media Note ** Download photos for the MMVAs at bellmediapr.ca/network/much
Fans can keep up on all the last minute details on much.ca, on Twitter, and Facebook. Fans across the country can still tune into their local radio stations for a chance to win wristbands. For a list of participating stations, please click here.
Official sponsors of the 2014 MMVAs include: Diet Coke®, H&M®, Bud Lime Lime-A-Rita, WONKA® NERDS®, Procter & Gamble®, Scotiabank, Samsung Electronics Canada, SUBWAY® Restaurants, and VIRGIN MOBILE CANADA™.
Follow Much on Twitter: @Much
Follow Arkells on Twitter: @arkellsmusic
Follow Down With Webster on Twitter: @DOWNWITHWEBSTER
Follow Fefe Dobson on Twitter: @fefedobson
Follow Kiernan Shipka on Twitter: @kiernanshipka
Follow Laura Vandervoort on Twitter: @Vandiekins22
Follow Nikki Yanofsky on Twitter: @NikkiYanofsky
Follow PK Subban on Twitter: @pksubban1
Follow Serena Ryder on Twitter: @serenaryder
About the MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS
Much gives fans the experience of a lifetime by putting them as close as humanly possible to their favourite artists and celebrities at the 2014 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS. The show airs live on Sunday, June 15 at 9 p.m. ET on Much and CTV, with a star-packed Red Carpet special beforehand at 8 p.m. ET, exclusively on Much. Past MMVAs performers and presenters include: Adam Lambert, Avril Lavigne, The Black Eyed Peas, The Black Keys, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, Carly Rae Jepsen, Colin Farrell, Down With Webster, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Hedley, Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Kellan Lutz, Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Pauly D, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, Snooki, Snoop Dogg, Taylor Lautner, and many more. At the MMVAs, the audience is the priority; Much gives them the best seats in the house, whether a foot from the stage or a foot from a television, computer, or mobile phone. Fans should hit up Much regularly at much.ca or Twitter @Much for the most up-to-date info about the event of the year.
For further information:
For more information on the 2014 MMVAs:
Noreen Hamid, Music & Entertainment Specialties, 416.384.3259, [email protected]
Laura Catania, Music & Entertainment Specialties, 416.384.3173, [email protected]