OTTAWA, Feb. 22, 2017 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced three appointments to the board of directors of the Buffalo-Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority:
- Debbie Zimmerman, CEO, Grape Growers of Ontario and former Regional Chair and CEO, Regional Municipality of Niagara from St-Catharines, Ontario (effective February 16, 2017);
- Tim Clutterbuck, President and CEO of ASW Steel Inc. from Welland, Ontario (effective February 23, 2017); and
- Isabel Meharry, CEO of Kerry's Place Autism Services from Toronto, Ontario (effective February 23, 2017).
The individuals appointed bring deep experience in a range of fields including business, finance, administration and tourism. They have also been active members of their communities.
These nominations follow the Government of Canada's new appointment process, which is open, transparent and merit-based – one that will result in the recommendation of high-quality candidates who achieve gender parity and truly reflect Canada's diversity.
Other appointments to the authority are under consideration and will be announced in due course.
"I am pleased to announce that these executives have agreed to serve on the Board of Directors of the Buffalo-Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority, commonly known as the Peace Bridge. The appointment of these highly qualified individuals, all from diverse backgrounds, will ensure continued good governance. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank outgoing board members Santina Moccio, Anna Tartaglia, and Rocco Vacca for their valuable service."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Buffalo-Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority is a binational entity and shared governance organization established by the State of New York and Canada.
- The bridge connects Fort Erie, Ontario, to Buffalo, New York.
- It is a 3,580 foot long steel structure with three lanes, accountable for the transit of $40 billion in trade every year.
- The Board of Directors is a ten-member board composed equally of Canadian and American members.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, Delphine.email@example.com, 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, Media@tc.gc.ca, 613-993-0055