A Montréal couple pockets $55 million at Lotto Max
MONTRÉAL, April 24, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Montréal residents Nathalie Langlais and Gilles Rosnen are the lucky owners of the winning Lotto Max ticket for the April 21 jackpot worth $55 million. This is the third jackpot won since the beginning of 2017.
The winners received their cheques at a meeting with the press held at Loto-Québec's head offices in Montréal.
- Ms. Langlais and Mr. Rosnen have been buying their lottery tickets at the same convenience store for several years.
- Ms. Langlais buys lottery tickets at random. When she does purchase tickets, it is often because of particularly big Lotto Max jackpot. She often waits one or two months before checking her tickets, so it was only by chance that she happened to check this ticket the next morning.
- On the day after the draw, she decided to try Loto-Québec's mobile application to verify her Lotto Max ticket.
- When she saw the number 55 appear on her screen, she said to herself: "Wow, $55!" Then she saw the first set of zeros and thought that $55,000 would be incredible but knew it wasn't a possible prize amount at Lotto Max. In the end, she realized the amount displayed was that of the 55-million-dollar jackpot!
- "Gilles, I can't believe it!" exclaimed the winner to her spouse.
- Ms. Langlais and Mr. Rosnen immediately signed the ticket. They also went to the retailer to verify the ticket just to be sure.
- The couple put the ticket in a well-hidden box to ensure it wouldn't be found.
- They came to claim their prize first thing Monday morning at Loto-Québec's head offices.
Record start for the lottery in 2017
- At the January 6 draw, a group of 28 Montérégie and Centre-du-Québec residents were the first to win a $60 million Lotto Max jackpot.
- A $60 million jackpot was won for the second time in Québec at the Lotto Max draw of February 10. A Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean couple shared its winnings with loved ones.
- Quebecers were lucky at the lottery during the first month of 2017. From January 1 to April 24, 2017, Loto-Québec has awarded 55 prizes worth $1 million or more, for a total of 77 new millionaires. Thanks to the lotteries Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie, 15 lucky winners walked away with a lifetime annuity or a lump sum.
- All three wins are records in the history of Loto-Québec.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities.
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director of Public Affairs, Press relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, [email protected], twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, [email protected]