Strategic leadership and market focus noted as key growth drivers
TORONTO and OTTAWA, Nov. 17, 2016 /CNW/ - The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP, proudly announce the 2016 Private Business Growth Award winner – AGNORA Inc.
Founded in 2011 in Collingwood, Ontario, AGNORA Inc. has achieved impressive and sustained growth through their market focus, strategic leadership, dynamic team culture, exceptional customer service and strong partnerships. Furthermore, they pushed new boundaries to attest to what is truly possible with architectural glass, designing and fabricating the largest architectural glass in North America. Their success has also helped to revitalize the local Collingwood community, bringing jobs, opportunity and economic growth.
"This year's winner has proven yet again that innovative leadership can result in new and prosperous growth pathways," says The Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce. "AGNORA Inc. is one of Canada's leading private businesses making their mark, helping to drive our economy forward."
AGNORA Inc., winner, and fellow 10 Top Private Business Growth Award Finalists, were recognized at a gala held at The Design Exchange in Toronto last evening, hosted by Canadian business journalist, Deirdre McMurdy.
"The Private Business Growth Award was created to recognize, validate and celebrate private business success stories across the country," said Kevin Ladner, CPA, CA, CBV, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP. "It is occasions such as these which inspire others to reach new heights and experience new growth. I commend AGNORA Inc. on its achievements."
The Private Business Growth Award is a distinguished award that pays tribute to the integral role that Canada's private businesses play in growing our country's economy. All Finalists, including the winner, were selected by an independent Jury of accomplished business leaders, who recognized the companies for their successful, sustainable and holistic growth strategies (listed in alphabetical order):
- AGNORA Inc., Collingwood, ON
- Aspin Kemp & Associates Inc., Montague, PE
- BioScript Pharmacy, Moncton, NB
- Cows Inc., Charlottetown, PE
- Everest Clinical Research Corporation, Markham, ON
- Klick Inc., Toronto, ON
- Nicola Wealth Management, Vancouver, BC
- Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd, Surrey, BC
- Skyline Group of Companies, Guelph, ON
- StarTech.com, London, ON
In selecting the 2016 winner and Top 10 Private Business Growth Award Finalists, jury members used these five criteria to assess strategic growth across various aspects of the nominees' businesses:
- Innovation: Developing new products and services, bringing old products to market in a new way, as well as improving the efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes.
- Market development: How they go to market and expand into new domestic or international markets.
- People and culture: Investing in their people by helping employees learn and develop as a critical part of overall growth.
- Strategic leadership: How they interact with partners, stakeholders, their succession planning and community involvement.
- Improvements in financial measures: Ensuring revenue growth and improvements in profitability.
This year's accomplished jury included:
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Phil Noble, Past CEO and Strategic Advisor to Firm Leadership, Grant Thornton LLP
- Christiane Bergevin, Yamana Gold
- Peggy Cunningham, Professor and RA Jodrey Chair, Dalhousie University Business School
- Malcolm Hunter, President, Deeley Group of Companies
- Sean Stanleigh, Managing Editor, Globe Content Studio, the Globe and Mail
- Paul Straus, President, Home Hardware Stores Limited
About the Private Business Growth Award
The Private Business Growth Award recognizes Canadian-owned, privately-held businesses that have been in business a minimum of three years, have $5 million or more in revenues and have demonstrated outstanding strategic growth. A partnership between The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP, 2016 marks the fourth year this national business award has recognized and celebrated the successful growth of private businesses in Canada. A jury of high-profile Canadian business leaders selects 10 finalists and one winning company based on the following criteria: innovation, market development, people and culture, strategic leadership, and improvements in financial measures.
SOURCE Private Business Growth Award
Image with caption: "Kevin Ladner, Executive Partner and CEO of Grant Thornton LLP, with 2016 Private Business Growth Award Winner, Richard Wilson, President of AGNORA Inc. and team, alongside The Honourable, Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CNW Group/Private Business Growth Award)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161117_C2029_PHOTO_EN_821416.jpg
Image with caption: "Private Business Growth Award (CNW Group/Private Business Growth Award)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161117_C2029_PHOTO_EN_821428.jpg
For further information: G. Will Dubreuil, Director, Public Affairs and Media Relations, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce, T + (613) 797.1860, E [email protected]; Amy Mulhern, Manager, National Media Relations, Grant Thornton LLP, T +1-416-360-4970 / M +1-416-550-8466, E [email protected]