TORONTO, June 30, 2015 /CNW/ - Amorfix Life Sciences, Ltd. (TSX: AMF) (Amorfix, or the "Company") today announced the voting results from the Company's annual and special meeting of shareholders held on June 29th in Toronto (the "Meeting").
The Company is pleased to announce that all of the resolutions announced in the Management Proxy Circular dated May 28, 2015 and placed before the Meeting were overwhelmingly approved by the shareholders. In particular, shareholder approval was obtained for:
- The Private Placement Offering as described in the Management Proxy Circular. Having surpassed the minimum subscription amount of CDN $1.5 MM, the first closing of the Private Placement is anticipated on July 6, 2015;
- The nominees for Director listed in the Management Proxy Circular, including Dr. Neil Cashman, Dr. Elliot Goldstein, Patrick Kirwin, Johannes Roth, Eugene Williams and William Wyman;
- The special resolution to amend the Articles of the Corporation to change the name of the Corporation from "Amorfix Life Sciences Ltd." to ProMIS Neurosciences, Inc.", as described in the Management Proxy Circular. The Company expects the name change to become effective on July 8, 2015.
- The amendment of the Company's Stock Option Plan to a 20% rolling option plan, as described in the Management Proxy Circular;
- Appointment of Price Waterhouse Coopers as auditor of the Company.
In addition, following the Meeting, the Board of Directors approved the appointment of Eugene Williams as Executive Chairman, Dr. Elliot Goldstein as President and Chief Executive Officer, and Dr. Neil Cashman as Chief Scientific Officer.
Please refer to the Company's Management Proxy Circular available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com for more details on the matters discussed at the Meeting.
About Amorfix (ProMIS Neurosciences)
Amorfix Life Sciences Ltd. (TSX: AMF) is an early-stage company developing specific diagnostics and antibody therapeutics targeting misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative disease. Amorfix utilizes its computational discovery platform, ProMISTM,to predict novel targets known as Disease Specific Epitopes (DSEs) on the molecular surface of misfolded proteins. Using this 'Precision Medicine' approach, Amorfix is developing novel antibody therapeutics and specific companion diagnostics for Alzheimer's disease and ALS. In addition, Amorfix has developed two proprietary technologies to specifically identify very low levels of misfolded proteins in a biological sample: Epitope ProtectionTM and AMFIATM, an ultra-sensitive dual-bead immunoassay.
The TSX has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. This information release may contain certain forward-looking information. Such information involves known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from those implied by statements herein, and therefore these statements should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results. All forward-looking statements are based on the Company's current beliefs as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to it as well as other factors. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release. Due to risks and uncertainties, including the risks and uncertainties identified by the Company in its public securities filings, actual events may differ materially from current expectations. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Amorfix Life Sciences Ltd.
For further information: Dr. Elliot Goldstein, President and Chief Executive Officer, Amorfix Life Sciences Ltd., Tel: (415) 341-5783, Fax: (416) 847-6899, email@example.com; Warren Whitehead, Chief Financial Officer, Amorfix Life Sciences Ltd., Tel: (416) 644-7358, Fax: (416) 847-6899, firstname.lastname@example.org