A curated list of top-rated and popular toys, the Amazon.ca Holiday Toy List is a one-stop destination where customers can explore holiday gifts for children of all ages
This holiday season, Amazon.ca will have twice as many toy deals than ever before with deals on top toy brands such as Melissa & Doug, Fisher-Price, VTech, Lalaloopsy, Monster High, Ravensburger and more
SEATTLE, Oct. 20, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Amazon.ca announced its 2014 Holiday Toy List (www.amazon.ca/holidaytoylist), featuring some of this season's newest and popular toys. This year, the curated list includes more than 150 holiday toys – many of which are anticipated to be the most popular and kid-requested gifts this season. The list includes top toys from brands like Crayola, Mattel, Fisher-Price, Leapfrog and many more.
"Parents and kids alike are excited about the approaching holiday season. With the Amazon.ca Holiday Toy List, we're making it easy for customers to discover the year's most popular and wished for toys so they can find the perfect gift for every child in their life," said Alexandre Gagnon, country manager for Amazon.ca. "This holiday season, we're thrilled customers can take advantage of our wide selection, Free Super Saver Shipping or Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime and twice as many deals on toys than ever before."
New this year, the Amazon.ca Holiday Toy List features curated gift ideas by category, including toys featured in hit films, top tech toys and more. Customers will also find helpful product information including editorial reviews, product recommendations, customer reviews and best sellers. Shoppers can also quickly narrow and expand toy search results and filter by age, category, gender, price range, brand or a child's favourite character.
Toys of the Season: Many of the items featured on the Amazon.ca Holiday Toy list are expected to be on customers' and children's wish lists this holiday, including:
In the Movies
- Playskool Heroes Transformers Optimus Primal Action Figure
- Disney Frozen Sparkle Elsa Doll
- Rabbids Super Plunger Blaster
- Big Hero 6 11-Inch Deluxe Flying Baymax Action Figure
Wood & Recycled Toys
- Green Toys Helicopter
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Railway Set
- Schleich Horse Stable with Accessories
- PlaySkool Elefun Busy Ball Popper
- Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Chair
- Barbie Collector 2014 Holiday Barbie
- Leapfrog LeapBand Blue
- LEGO Mindstorms
- Fischertechnik Oeco Energy Set
- VTech Kidizoon Smart Watch
- Corolle Mon Premier Bebe Bath Girl Doll
- Barbie Dream House
- Playmobil Red Serpent Pirate Ship
- Lionel Polar Express G Gauge Train Set
Looking Back - 2013 Holiday Toy Hits: Last year, Amazon.ca unveiled the first ever Holiday Toy List. Many of the toys featured were some of the most popular gifts of the season. In fact, last holiday season:
- Amazon.ca sold enough LEGO pieces to reach the length of the Whistler Bobsled course 125 times.
- Customers ordered enough Jenga games, that when each Jenga piece is stacked on top of each other, they would reach of the top of Niagara Falls 15 times.
- Amazon.ca customers purchased enough Barbie Dream Houses to fill an Air Canada CRJ airplane 1.5 times.
- Amazon.ca customers purchased enough Big Hugs Elmos that when stacked head to toe would reach the top of the Calgary Tower more than 5 times.
- Amazon.ca customers purchased enough Barbie dolls that when stacked head to toe would reach the top of Mont Tremblant. And, the Canada edition of the Barbie Dolls of the World accounted for more than one-quarter of all Barbies purchased on Amazon.ca.
- The total weight of Play-Doh purchased by Amazon.ca customers would equate to the weight of more than 350 Canada geese.
- Amazon.ca sold enough Furbys to have 10 standing guard in each of the 150 lighthouses in Nova Scotia.
Most items on the Amazon.ca Holiday Toy List are eligible for Free Super Saver Shipping and Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime so customers can have gifts delivered to their doorstep in time for the holidays.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
For further information: Andrew Gouveia, NATIONAL Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-848-1385